5.1 - luke

5.1 - luke

Luke squealed as he looked over at his new management. The blonde rested his elbows on the table, taking the dark blue pen and signing here and there, initialing a every few lines. 

He bit his lip to try to calm his smile but this was beyond the best day of his life. He looked up at his mother, stars were shining behind the matching blue eyes. She was beyond proud of him, a smile matching his own as he passed over the contract. 

So many months of gigs wondering if that was a scout, no no no, maybe that's a scout. He couldn't believe he had three big offers before his sixteenth birthday. He knew this was going to happen, he just didn't know soon. 

“Well, Mr. Luke, welcome to Capitol Records, we’re pleased to have you on the team.” The man said with a perky smile. 

Luke didn’t really realize he just signed away his life. He sat in a wooden chair, his feet tapping against the floors, his fingers shaking as he signed the curly letters of his name. He gave away his teenage years, but for now, he did not mind. 

Luke stood up, extending a hand to the team of workers who will cherish the ground he walks on for years to come. He bit his dry lips, pulling at the skin. 

Getting signed was his dream coming true. It was all finally working out. He was at a big label, a midwest tour being planned in the fall. He’ll be sent to London and LA to write with people he’s idolized since day one. 

This was just the beginning.