6. 1 - luke

6. 1 - luke

Luke leant his head against the swirly chair. His black Converse hit the ground as he slowly swayed himself to the left, right, then back again. "I'm so brain dead," he told the producer in front of him.

"We've just gotta get this guitar track then we're done with this one," he encouraged Luke.

The seventeen year old looked out the window, a few palm trees were blocking the view of the sun quickly setting. Orange hues were setting fire to the sky as he let out a breath of annoyance. "Okay, play the vocals again."

He sat up straight, resetting his guitar to a more comfortable position. His jeans were tight and his shirt was loose, he took a deep breath as he started up the finger plucking pattern of the track.
Blue eyes were closed as he absently nodded his head along to the track, knowing every note from the top of his head. Don't get him wrong, he loves recording his album, he loves writing, he loves performing. But, it's a lot of effort sometimes. It's long nights and early mornings. It's six cups of coffee and no lunch. It's trying to not cringe every time he hears his voice being played back to him.

Luke placed his pick between the strings of his guitar right above his capo as he finished. He let his body fall again, his knees in a ninety degree angle as the guitar lay flat on his body. He wrapped his arms around the body of the guitar, wishing he had a real person to cuddle. To tell him that it'll be okay. To tell him that he will make it, that it will all be worth it in the end.

Luke hasn't seen new bruises appear on his body besides the usual little ones from being a klutz. It makes him happy, he hopes his soulmate is out of the situation they were once in. He just wishes that his soulmate was in his arms instead.

"It's sounding great, Luke, this is going to hit the charts," his producer interrupted Luke's thoughts.

The blonde seventeen year old thanked him, giving him a smile, "Are we done for the night?"

"I want to do one more layer, than I promise you can go home."

Luke was living the dream, but it didn't quite feel like it yet.