(Edited) Chapter Five Raven

(Trigger Warning towards the middle)

Opening my eyes I realized how late it was. The sky was black and the stars were already out, so it had to have been late into the night by now. Dad would be worrying sick about me by now. I was already walking out of the park when I remembered what year it was. It wasn't two years ago, its two years later into the present. Dad hasn't cared about what did or if I left and came back or left and never came back.  Sighing I continued my walk home alone at, at whatever time that it is.

I finished wiping my eyes once I reached my house, taking a minute to get my breathing under control before heading on in. All of the lights were turned off, everything was turned off actually. Closing the door I looked around until I found the clock with the glow in the dark digits and saw that it one in the morning. I've been at the park for fourteen hours and he didn't even come looking for me.

Biting my lip to hold back the tears I walked upstairs to my room using the old hand rail to steady myself. Passing my fathers in the process I stopped outside his room hearing his snores loud and clear. Moving back from the door I stared at it. The white paint was chipped, something mother wouldn't have let happen.

Backing away I walked into my room crossing my arms over my stomach as if I was trying to hold everything together. I had always said that he never cared, but I had held onto some hope that I was wrong and that he did.

I guess knowing something, just saying and believing something were completely different things. But finding out the truth and finally knowing the truth is much more painful than the lie that you created to protect yourself.

Turning the light on I put my long flannel pants on and an old t-shirt that I've had for years. Heading towards the bathroom I shut that door and looked at my face. The dried blood was gone; the swelling around my bruises had gone down and my cheeks were stained red from crying. My eyes were puffy and bloodshot making me look ugly and fat. That was the urged I needed to do what I had to do.

Ruffling through the top drawer I looked for what I wanted. Pulling out my little friend the one that took the pain away from me, even if it was just for a little while. I flipped my left arm over and had my wrist facing up showing me all of the older and slightly newer scars that covered my arm.

Taking a deep breath and holding it in I did a small one for the first before I could make longer ones until the pain was gone. Doing the fourth one up higher so that it was near my elbow was more painful than the other ones; it was a hot flash of pain so I just moved below it to continue on. I stopped at seven for the night; I didn't want to go too far.

I washed the blood off and wrapped my arm up before crawling into bed. I could catch up on sleep tomorrow since there was no school for the next two days. I finally fell asleep remembering the days when I had the caring mother and the caring father who had the daughter that was the spitting image.

I was going back to the happy days.

Hey guys I've been having some problems with chapter six and it won't let me save the edited version of Chapter six so if it's not too much please skip to chapter seven and you will find both the edited version of six and chapter seven. Please and thank you