(Edited) Chapter Seven Andy

Andy

            When Raven didn’t say anything I looked up and noticed that she was looking at something. Turning my head I glanced over my shoulder and saw that she was staring at a family. Turning back I knew I had to get her to away from them. From the way her jaw was clenched to the few tears running down her face I knew she wanted something. I glanced down at the table and waited for her to turn away from that family so that I could look at her.            Raven was obviously hurt and longed for what they had.  But what they had that she didn’t was the question.

            Looking at Raven I could tell that she needed to get something off her mind, and I knew the perfect thing to do. I may have only known her for two days but something pulled me towards her like a magnet. And I couldn’t let her slip through my fingers; there would be hell to pay if that happened.

            “Hey,” I lightly put my hand on her arm gaining her attention. “I know something we can do.” She looked back and her face was completely broken. The happiness that was in her eyes today was gone, just like yesterday. These grey eyes were lifeless, and broken and on the brink of tears once more. She nodded her head so I lead the way and after a while I took her hand and intertwined our fingers together.

            Walking to the ride we passed a group of guys that were looking at her like she was a piece of meat and they were starving dogs. Wrapping my arm around her shoulders and glared at them, watching them get the idea that she was mine and to back off. I smirked as they coward away from us, if they had tails they would be between their legs.  I pulled my phone out and saw that there was ten minutes left until nine.

            The wind picked up causing everything to blow around for a minute. It didn’t last long but it left Raven shaking in my arms.  Glancing down I saw that she was just wearing a grey Misfits t-shirt with black lace sleeves and some black jeans that were ripped at the knees. Stopping I shook off my leather jacket and put it over her shoulders.

            “What are you doing Biersack?” She raised an eyebrow at me so I smiled at her.

            “You were shaking, now put your arms through the sleeves so it doesn’t fall to the ground. Cause if it gets dirty, you are in trouble Quillet.” I leaned down so that our faces were almost touching, smirking all the while. Raven just rolled her eyes and slipped into the jacket before looking down.

            “I thought you were a size small, this goes down to my knees!” I laughed as she tried to roll the sleeves up but failed. She ended up shaking her head and kept it like it was.

            “I’m sorry, but I do wear a small. But the clothes I buy are for men, not women.” Raven elbowed me in the ribs so I mocked pain, holding my side as if it really did hurt. Smiling I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to me, getting rid of the space in-between us as we sat down in our basket. Raven laid her head down on my chest as the Ferris wheel started moving.

            “It’s pretty out tonight, huh Andy?” Looking down at Raven I saw the tears that were being held back in her eyes. She turned to look at me and I ran my thumb under her eyes as a couple of tears escaped her eyes.

            “Naw, I think it’s beautiful tonight.” I said, keeping my gaze locked on her eyes so that she knew I wasn’t talk about how tonight looked but how she looked to me.  We were now at the top of the ride and it stopped like it does. I knew what I had to do, even if it was cheesy.

             Leaning down I pressed my lips onto Raven’s, kissing her; it was only a few seconds until she kissed me back, her metal lip ring cold and bumping into my own, making the kiss different from any other I’ve ever had.  Too bad the ride started moving again. Raven pulled away and when she looked at me something flashed in her eyes. Before I could ask her about it she kept her head on my chest for the rest of the ride.

            Once we on the ground and out of the ride Raven headed towards the picnic tables not slowing down or even waiting for me.

            “Raven, slow down,” I ran after her and turned her around so that she was facing me. I wasn’t expecting her to be crying but she was. What could of happened in less than five minutes? “Raven, what’s wrong?”

            “Why did you to that, why did you kiss me!? Did you think I was some charity case that you felt sorry for? Because if you think so then you’re wrong,” she screamed at me. “Is that why you hanged out with me all day today, because you felt sorry for me, sorry that you found me lock inside of closet all beat up!” I stared at her as the tears continued to fall down her face. I could feel my heart breaking as I watched her cry realizing what had happened.

            She thought that I felt sorry for her because of yesterday, because she had been beat up and missed our concert. And now I kissed her and she thought that I didn’t mean anything by it, when really I did. I wanted her to be mine and nobody else’s.

            “Raven, that’s not it. Please it’s nothing like that.” I pleaded taking a step towards her as she took a step back shaking her head.

            “You don’t have to lie about it Andy, but if it makes you feel better then go ahead. I’m used to being lied to; you don’t have to hang around with some charity case anymore.” She kept on stepping away from me until she started running away from me.

            “Raven,” I shouted, but she kept on running. “Fuck.” I shouted, kicking a random trash can, ignoring the looks I got. I had to get her to listen to me; she had to understand the truth. Leaving the amusement park I started running after her. The sound of my feet hitting concrete didn’t help when I could barely keep her in sight. I had to get her back, I had too or I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.