Chapter Thirty Two Andy

Swinging the bottle I winced as the burning hot liquid raced down my throat as I leaned back against my pillow. Fire cracker seemed to be my best friend these days.

            “How can you just sit there and drink it if it hurts going down?”

            Sighing I took a gulp of it wondering if it was the drink that brought the tears to my eyes or the memories I shared with Raven.

            “Because it tastes good and besides, it’s not like I have a drink every night, I have one every other night.” Raven rolled her eyes and focused on the book she was reading. Finishing the drink I played with the strap of her tank top and rested my head against hers, reading over her shoulder.

            “What’s this book about?”

            “It’s basically about a dystopian Chicago where society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue; Candor the honest, Abnegation the selfless, Dauntless the brave, Amity the peaceful, and Erudite the intelligent. On a certain day every year ever sixteen year old takes a test and then they decide which faction they want to live in for the rest of their life. It really makes you wonder about the choices we make and how it’s going to affect us in the end.”

            Nodding my head I softly kissed the spot under her ear making my way towards her mouth.

            “How’s the affect from choosing to be with me?” I asked. Raven smiled and cupped my cheek as she looked into my eyes.

            “Completely worth it,” Raven whispered. Planting a soft kiss I could vaguely hear the book dropping to the floor.

            I grabbed my phone and slammed my ear buds in turning the volume up as I switched to The Misfits. I just wanted a moment of peace without remembering, because remembering brought pain and I’ve already had enough of pain to last me a lifetime.

            Scrolling through my pictures I stopped at one with me and Raven. I was standing behind her with my arms wrapped around her tiny waist looking at her as she held the silver locket I had just fastened around her neck.

            “Hey, where’ve you been all day? I was getting ready to go out looking for you myself.” I smiled at the thought of her walking around calling out my name but said nothing. Today was one of our days off and in a stalker like note with different letters cut out I had her come to the park in whatever state we were in at the moment.

            “Oh, so you’re not going to say hi?” Her lips tilted up at the edges as I rolled my eyes, waiting for CC to lower the god damn rope. What’s taking him so long? As if he knew what I was thinking a small black container dropped out of the sky attached to a rope in between me and Raven. Raven tilted her head going back and forth between the package and the ever growing smile on my face. I raised my eyebrows and gestured to the box.

            “Alright, what have you been up to?” I smirked watching her go to grab the box when it was suddenly jerked above her head. Hearing muffled chuckles I looked above me and saw CC’s head shaking with a smile. He did this a couple more times making me laugh before letting Raven take the box.

            “Thank you CC,”

            “Welcome!” He called down. Not hearing the leaves rustle I figured he was going to enjoy watching us like the stalker he can be.