You Make My Heart Skip a Beat

Song will be Paralyzed!

And, do you guys like this book so far?

===*====

~~James’ View~~

“…And then Griffin was saying that I would have to act like I hate all four of you guys for my reputation, which is why I have been acting like I have been. And, the truth is…I really love you guys. Especially you, James.”

I’ve been sitting here, listening to Selena go on and on about all the things that have been happening to her in her life, and how everything feels so unfair and not right to her. Sometimes, I would catch what she thinks I wouldn’t understand, and I would understand it perfectly fine. But hearing her say that one last sentence, her eyes grew wide and I felt my heart skip a beat.

“You didn’t hear that,” Selena said quickly, getting up to her feet and beginning to walk away. But instantly, I got up to my own feet and ran up to her, stopping her from walking. Does she really think I’d let her get away that easily? That last sentence, I don’t understand at all. How could she possibly love me?

“Selena, I need an explanation for that…” I said to her calmly as she stopped walking and stiffened slightly, but kept her back facing me. She sighed, looking down as she said,

“I love you, James. I always had, and I always will.”

~*~Selena’s View~*~

You know, I still have myself stumped on how I allowed myself to tell him all of my past and everything that has been happening in the past few weeks. Except he still doesn’t know that Griffin said I wasn’t allowed to live with him anymore.

But right now, I definitely do not understand why I am allowing myself to tell James that I love him, and that I always will.

Sure, it is the truth… But do I ever speak the truth to people? No, I do not. And I never had plans on ever doing it, either.

“Then why act like you hate me all of the time?” James asked in a calm, yet soft, and gentle voice, sounding like he actually cares. Yeah right. There isn’t a way that he could care about me loving him, because there isn’t a chance that he could ever love me the way I love him. Not with me being Gustavo’s latest project, and him being able to have any girl in the world in a heartbeat.

“Because, James!” I nearly yelled as I turned around to face him. Why I yelled is beyond me, but then again a lot is running through my mind right now. “There isn’t a way that you could ever love me, it just isn’t possible! Not with me being Gustavo’s latest project, and being related to Griffin, and you being able to have any girl in the world in a heartbeat.”

I kept my eyes on James as he kept this calm look, somehow not hurt by my snapping and yelling. How? How does he seem to not be phased? Oh, right… he doesn’t love me. That’s right! “Selena,” He said quietly, and I just kept my eyes on him. “I do love you, but I never admitted it to myself. I’ve broken so many hearts in the past two years, and I am afraid of doing the same thing to you.

“When I first laid eyes on you, I wanted to talk to you and get to know you, but I was just…paralyzed. It was like I forgot how to speak, and when I tried, I always choked on my words and couldn’t say a word. You never even noticed me until the first day Griffin had you “show us how to sing”.”

As he said “show us how to sing”, he used air quotes.

But besides that, he was right. He use to always stumble over words and never managed to even say hi correctly. Because of that, I never spoke to him and always ignored him. I did notice him ever since the first day I met the boys, but I always acted like I never knew he was standing there. But, hey, I have my reasons for that.

“James, I always knew you were there.” I said to him. “But I acted like I didn’t, because I was afraid of hurting you. Any guy I have ever dated only lasted for about a week, and then I left him because he bored me. I was afraid of doing that to you, to just leave because you no longer satisfied my interests.

“No matter how much I love you, dating you for only a week wouldn’t be heaven. Heaven would be being with you forever, but I know that could never…”

I was cut off short by feeling his lips connecting to mine in a kiss. You expect me to instantly pull back, right? Well, that is where you are wrong, very, very, wrong. Instead, I kissed him back, and happily. For the first time in many kisses, I felt some kind of spark, like Fourth of July fireworks. Some big spark, right?

James pulled back slowly, looking at me and saying softly, “I will always love you, Selena. And I don’t want you to think I don’t.”

“The same goes here…” I said to him, partially quietly. Before he could say anything else, I just said, “So, does this mean we’re a thing now?”

“Like a couple?” James questioned, and I nodded. “Well, I’d hope so.” He said, kissing me again.