A Hidden Truth

Song is "Tell Me Something I Don't Know" By Selena Gomez,

===*====

~~James’ View~~

I will gladly appreciate it if somebody can tell me why exactly I feel like I have a crush on Selena. Sure, she’s pretty, can dance, sing, and act, and sure she may have more power than most teenage girls originally do. But that is not a reason to have a crush on my Gustavo’s Boss’ niece, who is like his daughter. Just…no! It’s too weird.

There’s just something about her, something that makes her different from the rest. But, I’m not sure what. Matter of fact, I don’t even know why I am thinking this way about her. I may not really know her like a friend, but I do know she has the reputation to play with a guy’s heart, and she’s just like me but a female.

So…yeah. That little relationship or trying to get to know her just wouldn’t work out so well, now would it?

“Earth to James!” I heard Kendall yell, causing me to jump and look at him as he rolled his eyes. “C’mon, we’re going to be late on being at the studio. Last thing we need is Selena and Griffin seeing us late.” I sigh and nodded in agreement, getting up from the couch and following him and the other guys out of the apartment. Why does Selena have to be there today?...

~*~Selena’s View~*~

“I’m tired of showing them how it’s done!” I whined as Griffin and I walked into Rouqe Records, this time with Abdule and Mercedes. Even though I didn’t see her, I knew Mercedes rolled her eyes.

“You should be happy you can show off your talent like it is nothing.” She said and I sighed. Now, Mercedes isn’t talentless. Obviously she can act, but she picks the demos for Griffin on what band achieves their dream and what dreams don’t. Therefore, she can’t really go out and do acting like I can.

“It’s not always as great as you would think.” I stated, just following Griffin as we walked up to where Gustavo and the dogs were.

“Oh, great. Mercedes is here, too!” Logan exclaimed as he flopped down onto the black leather couch. She rolled her eyes and said back with attitude,

“You should be happy; since I’m the one who allowed you four dorks to excel in your career!” Sometimes, I swear she enjoys having to act like a brat and snob to these four guys. But for me, I hate it since in reality I love these guys, but have to act like I don’t. I just get too wrapped up into the acting to where I forget how much I really love them.

“Mercedes,” I said to her in a tone that told her to be quiet, and walked into the recording booth. I looked at Kelly and nodded in a way to tell her I was ready to start singing.

“Everybody tells me that it's so hard to make it

It's so hard to break yeah

There's no way to fake it

Everybody tells me that it's wrong what I'm feeling

I shouldn't believe in

The dreams that I'm dreaming.”

~~James’ View~~

The other guys and I just listened to Selena as she sang. Like she did before, she only had one headphone speaker on while the other was behind her ear. She had her eyes halfway closed as she sang, but seemed to be enjoying it, just like any singer should.

“I hear it every day

I hear it all the time

I'm never gonna amount too much but they're never gonna change my mind