The Night That Started It All

Urrg my chapters are getting shorter! I'll get them back to longer length soon, haha.

===*====

~~James’ View~~

“James! Pleeeaaasseee?” Selena asked me, practically begging, with puppy dog eyes and slightly pouting her lip. I will admit this; she looked pretty freaking cute pouting like that with how desperately she wanted me to go to this party with her.

“Well how do I know you really want me to go?” I questioned her. Can you really blame me for asking? I mean, the girl has practically shoved me to the side any time I tried to talk to her about anything.

“Fine, if you don’t want to go then I’ll go ask somebody hotter than you to go with me,” She said with a small shrugged and turned around, slowly walking off to find somebody else. Wait…she’s serious?

“Wait!” I called out to her, and she just looked over her shoulder.

~*~Selena’s View~*~

I was practically bouncing on the balls of my feet as we stood outside of Usher’s house. People were already there and music was already going. I looked at James who just seemed to be keeping everything on the inside. “Oh, stop acting as emotionless as a rock!” I said to him, but jokingly and with a smile. He just flashed a smile back at me and I took his hand, running up to house. How I can run in heels is beyond me!

So, like all of these parties, it was just dancing, talking, and having a good time. Though James and I am that one “couple” that has been staying in the Foyer with a few other people, talking with them and occasionally dancing with one another. But of course, that’s when Taylor Swift walked over to us.

“You know, you two would make an adorable couple!” She said to the two of us. I looked at James, then at her and shook my head.

“Not really. He works for who my uncle is the boss of.” I explained. She just smiled and as she was walking away, she just said,

“Love always finds its way, Selena. Trust me, it’s there.”

Now three days later

Ever since that night at that party, that’s all that kept running through my head. That one line that Taylor said, could it be true? Surely James couldn’t feel the same way for me as I do for him, could he? Well, maybe he could…but it doesn’t make much sense to me.

Other than for publicity reasons, I don’t see how James would ever want to date a girl like me. Maybe if I stopped being such a brat to him, he could actually like me. I can’t keep acting nice to him, and then act like a total bee-otch to him the next minute. If I keep doing that, wouldn’t he pick up on the fact that I really do like him?

I sure hope not….

~~James’ View~~

Selena still isn’t making any sense!

One minute she’s acting all fun, cute, and flirty. Then the next minute she’s practically biting your head off. See, this is why I don’t understand you women! You confuse my brain! I may be the flirt of the band, but that doesn’t mean I understand all of your thoughts and emotions.

When do you think I had a decent relationship that lasted a while? Because I sure the heck don’t remember.

I just wonder when this girl will fully accept a compliment, and quite honestly, I’d be happy if she dated me for just a week and left, just like she does to any other guy out there! What makes me so different from the other guys that she won’t allow herself to be nice for once?

Maybe there is more going on in her life than I think, after all.

But even if that is the case, Taylor said that love always finds a way, and we have love but we don’t know it. Maybe Selena does love me like I love her, or maybe she doesn’t. But I want approach her about it. If it is meant to be, it will happen.

~~Kendall’s View~~

Something is different about James.

I’ve known it for a while now, but now he’s just acting a lot different than usual. It started ever since we first saw Selena, two years ago when we first came to the Palm Woods…

As you all know, James has always been the player type. He’s never really been in a steady relationship and he tends to break up with girls before their relationship has really started. However, he has never cheated on a girl. Not once, and he swears that he never will, just like he use to swear that he would never fall into a steady relationship or fix his addiction of flirting with girls.

But that one day when Selena first walked into the room, he changed everything. He doesn’t flirt as much, and he has hardly been in a relationship ever since we came to LA. Not to mention, he has had a more serious, yet playful side to him every single time he is around her.

But that’s not all.

Every time he sees her, a smile comes across his face and his eyes light up. He occasionally stutters on his words or gets stuck in the middle of a sentence. Sometimes he’s even paralyzed to stay right where he stands when he sees her in the same room.

At first, all the guys and I thought it was just a celebrity crush because when we all first saw her, we all seemed to be paralyzed with that “Oh my God, it’s Selena Griffin!” moment. But after seeing her so many times, we all grew use to seeing her and stopped being paralyzed.

Except for James.

He doesn’t freeze up anymore and he doesn’t stutter as bad, but he will still occasionally stutter while talking to her, and that happy look comes to his eyes comes with that smile when he sees her, and he just smiles widely when he hears her name being spoken.

All that means only one thing.

James doesn’t have a crush on her.

He loves her.

~*~Selena’s View~*~

“I don’t get this,” I said to Griffin as I sat down on the couch in his office. He just looked at me with a look that said he didn’t know what I was talking about. I sighed, looking at him as I continued. “Why do I need to act like I hate the Big Time Rush guys? I hate calling them dogs, and I hate having to hide my real feelings for them behind all this fake hate.”

“It’s for your reputation,” Griffin said and I rolled my eyes.

What reputation?” I said to him. “My singing had just became a part of my career, I don’t need a reputation!” I added, now standing up as I looked at him.

I waited a moment to see if he would say anything else, and when he didn’t, I just said, “So, I’m not pretending anymore.” And just turned on my heel, walking out of his office and heading to the Palm Woods. I have to start with baby steps, yes, but oh well. It’s better than no progress at all.