Chapter 59

"Oh my gods!" I gasped, looking at the mark on my neck in the mirror. After four long years, Damien had finally marked me.

"Do you like it?" He asked me as he put his shirt on.

"Like it? I fucking love it! It's so pretty!" I squealed. Today was the happiest day of my life—the second was when Luther let me drive his car. "Now I can hear all of Dante's perverted comments."

"I did warn you. He does have a lot." He sighed. "He is very annoying, but now he's going to be stuck in your head instead of mine, so I hope you're okay with that."

"I don't mind. He listens to me more than he listens to you." I chuckled. I knew how to keep Dante in check. "So? How does it feel to be inside my head?"

"Strange." He replied. "It's not what I expected. Your eyes turned purple when I bit you. That was strange."

My eyes widened, and I quickly stood up. "What did you say?"

"It's strange?" He replied, zipping up his pants.

"No, the eyes! What do you mean my eyes turned purple? They should not be turning purple." I immediately started panicking. That couldn't be happening. My eyes should not be turning purple again. My mom made sure of it When I turned five.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." Damien lifted my chin. "It's okay. When you talk to your mom, you can ask her about it."

"What?" I questioned him.

"We can read each other's thoughts now. Did you forget?"

"I guess I'm not used to it," I answered, closing the connection between us.

"You did it so easily. It normally takes wolves a while to do that." Damien said when he felt our connection cut off. All it did was prevent him from reading my thoughts.

"Mermaids can mind-link too. My mom taught me how to close the connection. She regrets teaching me because I would shut her out whenever she tried mind-linking me to clean my room." I chuckled.

"Really?"

"Yes." I nodded my head. "Also your pet fish in the living room doesn't like you."

"He is my mother's fish. She forgot to take it with her."

"Tyr is a girl. And she doesn't appreciate you calling her ugly." I chuckled.

"Tyr? That's her name? They name themselves?" He asked, and I nodded. "Tyr is a very ugly fish, and my mother needs to take her away."

"And that is why she doesn't like you." I huffed. "And she wants you to change her food back. The new food sucks."

"Really? I changed it 'cause she was getting too fat." He sighed as he finished getting dressed. "But fine. I'll change her food back."

"You are so rude sometimes." I chuckled and put my shirt back on. "Are you leaving?"

"I am. I still have a lot of work to do, and here you are distracting me." He placed a kiss on my lips. "But we will continue this tonight."

"Best kind of distraction there is if you ask me." And the best sex I've ever had.

"I may not be able to hear your thoughts, but I can sense you getting aroused." He gave me a look. I could hear Dante purring inside my head.

"Brings back memories?" I teased him and sat on the bed with my legs spread open. Now Dante was fully awake.

"You are very tempting," Damien said. His body tensed, and I knew he was trying to hold back. "But I do have people waiting on me. It will be weird explaining to Mike why I'm suddenly marked when I wasn't just a few hours ago."