Chapter 56

~DAMIEN POV~

How cute. You let her drive your car. Dante said, wagging his tail.

Mike and Luca keep spamming me with texts and calls. I'll let her drive while I answer them. I told him as I texted Mike back. He was still very confused about why I asked him to transfer Hannah suddenly, even though she didn't want to. I only told him she was better off at Jaxon's pack, and now he's annoyed cause he got stuck with all the extra paperwork.

"We're stopping at my house first. I need to see my dad. I hope that's okay." Nexy said.

"That's fine with me," I said.

"On second thoughts. I'm going to spend the night there. I have some stuff I need to talk to him about." She sighed. "But in the meantime, you can listen to my singing for the next hour."

"You do have a very nice singing voice. Surprisedly good." I said.

Good? Her singing is fucking amazing. Dante said, wagging his tail.

"All mermaids are good at singing. They use it to hypnotize people. Unfortunately, I can't hypnotize anyone. Pretty lame, huh? I saw my mom do it once, and it was freaky."

Wait what? They can do that? Dante asked. I shrugged. That's scary.

"That's pretty impressive," I said. It would be nice if she could do that. She could hypnotize Mike into doing his paperwork a little bit faster.

"Sorry to be such a disappointment. I don't have any special abilities as my mom does, but if you ever want to see my mermaid tail let me know 'cause that's the only impressive thing I can show you." She laughed.

I always wanted to see a real-life mermaid. Dante said excitedly.

She is a real mermaid. I raised an eyebrow at him. You stare at her all the time.

You're right. But I meant with the tail and everything. Can we touch her tail? He asked me.

I'm sure if you ask nicely, she'll let you. I said.

Well? I can't mind-link her yet. Ask her! He shouted at me.

Goddess, you're fucking annoying. I sighed.

"Dante wants to know if he could touch your tail," I asked her.

"He can if he doesn't mind the scales. Just don't do what Melissa did and stick your fingers in places where you shouldn't be sticking your fingers in." She let out a frustrated sigh.

"Where else did she stick her fingers in?" I asked her curiously. I know Melissa stuck her finger in her gills, but where else did she have holes-? Oh. There. "Melissa stuck her finger in there?"

Nexy nodded, laughing. "She stuck two fingers in there."

"Really? Did you like it?" I teased her.

Listen. Nexy might be my mate, and she happens to be a mermaid, but come on, don't go there. Dante said.

"Don't be a pervert." She laughed. "It felt exactly like my human one. When I showed it to Amy and Melissa, I poked around a bit cause I was curious about what it looked like cause I'd never seen it, and it looked like my human one. But because of my tail's color, it looks way lighter- you know what? I'll show it to you."

"Please don't." I shook my head.

Oh, Goddess. She's getting a little too comfortable with us. Dante laughed.

"Am I rambling again?" She groaned. "Amelia always says I talk too much."

I love hearing her talk. Dante purred.