Chapter 45

What if Damien sees a she-wolf who is prettier than me and wants to date her instead of me? There's bound to be prettier girls here than me. Amy and Melissa are both gorgeous. Even Amelia is gorgeous, even if she's a bit of a bitch sometimes. But she is three hundred years old and is a boomer on steroids sometimes.

What if people think I'm not good enough for Damien? He was smart, very handsome, rich, and was going to school to become a lawyer. He talked about it during the car ride. He had two more years cause he was taking college classes during high school.

And me? I failed Algebra my freshman year and had to take two math classes in my sophomore and junior year. I didn't go to college cause I couldn't afford it, even though Amelia offered to pay. I didn't think I'd be good enough since my high school grades were mostly C's. But I graduated high school. My only fucking accomplishment. I wanted to make my parents proud by getting a good job, but I ended up working as a waitress.

At least I'm good at fixing cars and building things, and I'm always fixing stuff around the house as my dad caught me. That always makes Amelia happy. So I'm not a total lost cost after all. But how will that help me when I'm Luna?

Ugh! Maybe staying with Amelia is a better idea. I groaned, pulling the covers closer to my body. But then I won't be with Damien, and that's what I wanted. But what if he didn't want me after tomorrow when he sees a she-wolf way prettier than me?

"I don't like it when you're upset," Damien said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm fine. Just nervous for tomorrow." I lied, hoping he'd drop it, but I felt him wrap his arms around me and pull me towards him.

"About ten emotions radiate from you, and none are happy." He muttered in my ear as his hand slid inside my shirt. He had seen me naked before, but that was four years ago, and yesterday, he only had me hold my dress up, so I wasn't naked. "You're still as beautiful as the day I first saw you."

"I don't feel beautiful." I sighed, pushing his hand away but instantly regretting it.

"I know." He said, leaving a trail of kisses on my neck. I felt tingles throughout my whole body when he kissed that sweet spot on my neck. "Amelia told me. And as your mate, I'm here to remind you how beautiful you still are." His hand slid inside my shirt and cupped one of my breast squeezing it hard. Oh, gods! He made me feel so good when I was feeling bad.

"Thanks. But I'm going to sleep." I said. Maybe because I haven't seen him in so long, I felt shy talking to him about how I felt. Would he judge me? Or think my problems are dumb? I didn't know, but I didn't feel comfortable telling him.

"You are not a good liar." Damien chuckled, grabbing me by my waist and pulling me on his lap so I was straddling him. I was expecting to be staring down at Dante's perverted ass, but it was Damien. Those beautiful blue-green eyes stared up at me. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong," I replied, fiddling with my shirt.

"Wrong answer." He said and sat up so our faces were inches apart. He grabbed one of my hands and kissed it. It's like he knew how to make me feel better instantly. "Amelia better not be putting dumb ideas in your head."

"She's not," I muttered, looking down. "I'm just having one of those days."

"Oh." He looked down between my legs and then back at me.