𝟗: 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑

ah, a normal night in the upper east side. highly anticipated theatre plays, socialites, and drama. what will tonight bring? chaos? reconciliation? or maybe a little bit of both? i guess were about to find out.

🌺

as veronica finished getting ready in her walk-in closet, she wore a white off the shoulder balenciaga dress with gloves and a white bow to her hair.

their housekeeper informed her that henry was already in their living room downstairs waiting for her. veronica added finishing touches to her look and made her way downstairs.

as she went down the stairs, she saw henry wearing an all white suit as they agreed to match outfits for the play. the two looked at each other as veronica walked towards him. henry was in awe of her.

"wow. you look... stunning- perfect. you look perfect." henry said and then held her hand. veronica smiled sweetly. "thank you. and you look perfect too. you're amazing." she said. henry kissed her on the cheek.

"umm, is there something that you wanna tell me?" the guy asked. play it cool. veronica thought to herself. "um, nothing. i don't have anything to say." she said.

henry was talking about veronica saying the three words back since the last time that they saw each other, veronica didn't get to say it back. veronica definitely knew what to say, she just didn't want to. "oh, okay. let's go to the play then, ms. archibald." henry said as veronica held his arm.

🐺

max was waiting for his parents downstairs to finish getting ready. he saw his dad, gideon go down the stairs but with a plain suit and tie outfit. "what in god's name are you wearing?" he asked, looking at his father's outfit weirdly.

gideon sighed. "your father thought it'd be advisable not to ruffle any feathers tonight. although, to be honest, i would rather be wearing them." he said. "well why aren't you then?" max asked. "he said i looked 'great'"gideon said as max chuckled. "oh, that's because you look like him." gideon sighed and groaned.

"no, no, wait. i do not want to ruffle any feathers either, okay? but you raised me to be my most authentic self, did you not?" max said as put his hands in gideon's shoulders. "of course we did. and you are. we wouldn't have it any other way." gideon said and max smiled. "then you need to start following your own advice. be you. to hell with what anyone else says, even pops." max said as he hugged his father.

🎭

as per max's scheming tricks, he bought rafa a ticket to the play pretending that his dad bought it for him. "okay, what did he say exactly?" he asked aki. "he was hesitant at first but then he asked if we could come over to my place next weekend." he said. "that's when my dad is in london." max thought for a while. "okay, um... i think i have to read it myself. can i have your phone?" he asked.

aki gave him his phone. "oh by the way, my password is 2046. wong kar-wai..." max walked away before aki could even finish his sentence. "dude, did you just steal my phone?"

veronica and henry arrived at the venue. before entering, they ran into max. "max!" veronica called him. "oh, hey v! and... henry?" he asked. "yes! um henry this is max wolfe, and max this is henry bass! henry is my um- my boyfriend." veronica awkwardly said. ouch. boyfriend? max thought.

"nice to meet you, max!" henry said as he shaked hands with max. "a pleasure. oh and will you guys excuse me? i have something else to do. nice meeting you henry. see you guys around." max said as he walked away.

"how did he know my name?" henry asked veronica. um, gossip girl blasts? or maybe because i kissed you after i kissed him? the woman internally answered him. "oh- maybe because... i tell my friends about you!" no, most of manhattan knows who you are because of gg. she thought. henry smiled at veronica.