𝟖: 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒

"andddd welcome to manhattan maxploration!" max said as julien, veronica, and max entered a club in manhattan. as the trio entered the bar, they immediately took shots. "to julien!" veronica cheered. "to julien!" the whole bar shouted.

the three were having a great time as they were drinking, partying, and ingesting drugs. max and veronica was helping julien with her social media and is taking her pictures. max and veronica didn't have much tension compared to what they usually had since they're high and drunk, but it's somehow still there. they just tried to cover it up through partying.

julien and veronica went to the bathroom to freshen up. there was a girl named lola in the bathroom, hyping up julien's catsuit. "thank you! it's my cast aside catsuit." julien said as she looked into the mirror as veronica retouched her makeup. "oh babe, whoever broke up with you doesn't deserve you in the first place." lola said. "true!!" veronica said. julien looked into the mirror and stared at herself fiercely.

"my boyfriend dumped me for my sister- well, half sister... who i basically imported from, like, siberia. so i am on the warpath to get over him tonight." julien said as veronica chuckled. "you are a warrior!" veronica said. lola agreed. "i am a warrior!" julien repeated after the girls. "maybe i should be, too. i have been dating my boyfriend for a year, and he still won't go public with me. we go off-peak to off-grid places like this. or i sleep over two nights a week at his pied-à-terre." lola opened up.

"geez, sounds like he's hiding something. bring him to the red table!" veronica suggested. "i should. like, is it his problem or mine for caring so much?"  lola said. julien rolled her eyes and said "the moral of the story? you can't rely on any man. you can only rely on yourself, right?" the two agreed. "that's so fucking true. men are trash." veronica said.

as julien and veronica got out the bathroom, they went to max. they noticed that he was swiping through guys on scruff. "so, we swiping?" veronica asked as she sat beside max. she was high enough to question why he's swiping when she's there. "no, we're gpsing." max said. "oooh, tap him! he's cute and look he likes pigs!" julien said, pointing to the guy on max's screen. "that's not what it means, jules." veronica said as she chuckled. julien stood up and went to dance as veronica continued help max find a match on scruff.

"oh my god." the three said all together. "my dad." julien and max said. "no, my dad." julien said. "no, your dad's." veronica said as she freaked out.

the three looked at lola and davis getting comfy at the bar and then proceeded to look at max after. "my dad is on scruff?" he said shockingly. "that's fucked up- this is fucked up." julien said.

"hey, are you guys okay?" veronica asked her friends. "whatever, i'll just leave." julien said as she took off which leaves us with max and veronica.

"hey wolfe, you okay?" veronica worryingly asked. "yeah, i'm good. wanna party?" he asked. veronica smirked. "always." and the two hit the dancefloor.

as the night ended, max and veronica were high and drunk that they forgot about their situation. "well i had a good time tonight, wolfe." veronica said. "my pleasure, ms. xo. see you tomorrow?" max asked. "see you at school and at the jeremy o. harris play?" she asked. "yes." max said. they both hugged and parted ways.