𝟕: 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃

as the group sat in veronica's room in a complete awkward silence, they heard a faint knock at the door. as she stood up and opened it, she saw her dad.

"hi mr. mayor archibald." max said from the room. "hi max" nate said. "veronica, can i talk to you?" he said as his daughter headed out the room and closed the door. veronica gulped before looking into nate's eyes. she felt like a failure, a disappointment.

"explain yourself." nate coldly said. veronica sighed and said that there is nothing else to explain. nate looked at her confusingly as he crossed his arms.

veronica took a deep breath and said "i don't have anything to say, dad. you saw the posts, i did what i did. i kissed max while i was with henry, and i made up some story to make gossip girl stop. what's there to explain when the whole truth is out there?" she said. she looked confident when deep inside she's very scared.

veronica wasn't one to disappoint her parents, especially her dad. so this is all new to her. nate looked at her with sadness and disappointment. veronica looked down because she can't look at him straight in the eyes, knowing how disappointed nate is.

"okay, i understand you. i know what you're going through since i was a teenager once. but seriously, cheating?-" veronica cut off nate and told him that she and henry weren't talking so she assumed that things were over.

"well, fair enough. but since your with henry now, you need to tell him the truth. if you don't tell him, he's gonna know it sooner or later. and you know that we don't condone cheating or lying in this house." veronica just nodded and apologized to his father for disappointing him.

"it's alright, ronnie. but you didn't have to tell gossip girl about the stuart family. they're furious at us. good thing i already took care of it." nate said. veronica raised her brow and asked how his father exactly took care of it and what they're gonna do to everything that's happening.

"well, i already told the stuart family that the gossip girl post about your conversation with them was a hoax. with enough convincing, they believed it. so now, your job is to make a statement that you were victimized by gossip girl and that it was edited. of course the media will believe you since you're influential. then for your pictures with max and henry, you obviously can't do anything about it so you just let it be but, choose who you want to be with. i'm not putting pressure on you on who you will be choosing since my parents used to do that but, make sure that you will be choosing the right guy. you're a smart lady so i trust you enough to make the right choice. as per gossip girl, to help you and your friends and the people that they've been harassing, i hired the black cube, the best group of hackers and the best people in computer science for you to help expose the identity of gossip girl. they will go to your school tomorrow as they will interrogate everyone, including you guys. we clear?" nate said.

veronica took a sigh of relief and hugged his father. "thanks dad. you're the best."

veronica entered her room as all of her friends stared at her. veronica explained them what nate told her and the group gave out a sigh of relief.

although, aki and audrey are still thinking if they should lie or if they should come clean. since there's no proof, they can do anything either way. is sleeping with max worth my relationship with aki? audrey thought. "oh and by the way, i didn't sleep with max. it's just a rumor and that's it." audrey spoke up. veronica and julien looked at each other
suspiciously.

max looked at audrey and said "alright, if you say so." he teased and audrey just rolled her eyes. "oh and me too, i didn't kiss max." aki nervously said. max just nodded and audrey held aki's hand.

"so, veronica is the only one that kissed max?" obie said. everyone laughed. "and you had a great time." max said. veronica looked at him "for what it's worth, yeah i guess i did." veronica said. everyone "oohed" and julien said that they should date. "nah, henry is my boyfriend." veronica said.