A Hockey Story (Jordan Staal)

As I drove down my massively long driveway I slowly realized how uneventful my life has been. Except when my mom married a millionaire my life was really uneventful. Before she got married I had been privileged but not rich. I had the latest technology a nice house and a horse. I lived in Western New York and was really happy with my life. We now live in a gigantic mansion right outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I just graduated from high school and summer is here! I’m so pumped because I’m planning to drive up to New York and stay with my best friend Serina. This is going to be a blast!!

          I drive to the house go up to my room and change into clothes for riding. We have a world class stable on the mansion grounds. When I walk into the barn I say hello to Howdy my first horse who is now 21. I then walk to the stall next to him and pull out my 17.2 hand eventing horse Finn. We do some dressage then start some practice jumps of about 3ft. I’m going to miss him and Howdy. I have trainers that will be working them for me when I’m in New York though they’ll be fine. I feed them some carrots then walk back to the house to shower and change. Did I forget to mention my Step-dad owns the Pittsburgh Penguins? Well he does. It’s pretty normal to find one or two of them in the house at a time or at the ice rink on the grounds. I personally don’t know how to skate nor would I ever like to learn. Just not in my interests.    

          After I shower I change into a Penguins t-shirt and Pajama pants. I throw on some black Uggs and go down to the kitchen. Where I find Fleury and Staal playing hockey in the kitchen with my little brothers who are 15 and 10. They are using ladles and a package of ham. I stand there and watch for a minute when suddenly I’m lifted of my feet.

“PUT ME DOWN!” I scream.

          I hear whoevers holding me laugh. I look at him and realize its Crosby. I give him the puppy dog eyes.

“Sid, will you pretty please put me down” I ask nicely.

“No” he answers.

“Flowers! Get this monkey to unhand me!” I yell at Fleury.

At that moment my Step-dad walks in. He looks at all of us taking it in.

“Ariel don’t break my star offense man” He says smiling.

Then my mom walks in. She looks at the boys with the ladles then me being held captive by Sid.

“I don’t want to know just clean up your mess” She says.

          They walk out together. Then Staal walks out he looks mad. I tell Sid to put me down and I follow Jordan. I find him sitting on the front stairs.

“Are you all right” I inquire.

“Yes I’m fine leave me alone” He responds.

          Instead of listening to him I go and sit next to him. He sits there for a few minutes with his head in his hands. I sit and watch him. After 10minutes of this he finally talks.