17 - Home again

The moment you rode through the gates of castle black you felt at home again. Everyone was there to welcome you back, maester Aemon was standing on the balcony looking down at you and Jon. You were sure he knew, you didn't know how but he always knew straight away. He smiled.

You talked to everyone at dinner. They all asked about the capital, the king and most asked about the queen. You laughed and told them your time spent in the capital was something to remember.

It was strange looking up at the high table and seeing Jon sitting in the commanders seat. He looked proud, that made you happy.

After dinner was finished you went up to your chambers to get settled in. Jon had an immediate meeting with maester Aemon and the master builder because he had been gone for quite some time.

As you were getting everything unpacked you heard a noise coming from the window. You slowly headed towards the sound. It was Atreus, he wanted to come inside.

You opened the window and he flew inside the chambers, he landed on your bedpost. You got ready for bed and laid down. You immediately felt how tired you were, you fell asleep quickly.

That night you had the same dream you had two nights ago. The one about Jason getting dragged off to the capital.

You were standing in the courtyard facing the gates, Jason was about to leave though them with the soldiers again.

You felt the same way as you felt before, overwhelmed by sadness. You looked up at the balconies and you saw maester Aemon keeping a close eye on you.

Jason came and hugged you goodbye, you were crying. He tried to hold back his tears. You noticed just how sad he looked for the first time.

He squeezed you tight and whispered in your ear, "One day you'll walk through those gates and you'll understand".

He was grabbed by one of the soldiers, definitely forcefully. When Jason went through the gates he reached his hand out to one of the walls.

His hand brushed along the wall by the left door, he looked back at you and mouthed something.

This time you heard it loud and clear.

"The gates"

You shot straight up in your bed. It was still in the middle of the night but you were wide awake covered in sweat.

"The gates", you repeated. You shot out of bed and wrapped your big cloak around you. You ran outside making as little sound as you could. You ran down the stairs out into the courtyard.

The freezing ground made your whole body shiver with cold, you weren't wearing any shoes.

You ran up to the gates and looked at them closely, what were you looking for? You tried to remember the dream, which gate?

You thought back to the image of Jason leaving, the left one.

You walked up to the left wall and brushed you hand along the bricks. You didn't see anything. You stood still for a moment and regulated your breathing, your heart was beating crazy fast.

You felt the cold ground underneath your feet, your cloak resting heavy on your shoulders. You felt a soft cold wind pass through your hair. You closed your eyes and brushed along the wall again. This time you felt something.

You opened your eyes and carved in the bricks was a symbol. It was hard to see because of the years the bricks had weathered. You looked closely and you saw what the symbol was.

An eagle, next to it was a very hard to see crescent moon. The symbol of house Arryn.

You were confused, why did Jason want you to see this?

Suddenly a voice sounded from behind you. "I knew it wouldn't take long for you to find it once you saw him".

You turned around quickly, startled by the voice who ripped you out of your thoughts. It was measter Aemon, standing very calmly. He was blind so he couldn't have seen you.

"What do you mean?", you weren't even that surprised he found you. He knew everything.

"Come with me Alena", he turned around and started walking towards the stairs. "Maester wait, what does that thing in the wall mean?". You sighed and walked after him.

AUTHORS NOTE: That was this chapter! It's about to start now :) I hope you liked it, I'll probably be writing a lot more from now on. If you have any ideas or comments feel free to leave them and my messages are always open, even if you just want to talk :) xx - E