Chapter 19: The Black Box

Back in the Sakura Empire, the shipgirls have spent their time doing activities, travelling, telling stories, and reporting the incidents that occured. Many girls talked and had fun at the beautiful sight and view of the Sakura Empire. Tori gates filled the streets, lanterns that were tied to the roofs of those village houses. stairs that went up to numerous temples and village houses. And the live sounds of girls talking to each other.

Akihabara and Tokyo as Akagi and Kaga (LR) are walking around admiring the view of the former Sakura Empire as they differentiate it from their Feudal Japan.

Akihabara: This place is much more Feudal if you ask me.

Tokyo: I agree, aside from the old banners, old village houses, I didn't expect to see that many Torii gates, many lanterns, that kind of buildings, and as such... These stairs!

Akihabara: Yeah, there weren't even escalators that existed in Japan in the 1940s.

Tokyo: If I remember, from Yorktown the earliest type of escalator was patented in 1892 and was introduced in 1896 in Coney Island Island, a theme park in the early days of New York.

Akihabara: In Japan, they're lots of escalators to keep our humans relaxed after walking for many meters or miles. But this... I might as well just get on with it.

Tokyo: Yeah, this is back in the early days of Japan, before anime and technology rise.

Akihabara: I don't mind the stairs at all, and in fact I missed walking on thes high long steps.

Tokyo: Alright, while we're at it, we must infiltrate this world's version of Nagato's temple.

Akihabara: Yes, we need to find the answers of what this place is. Why is the Philippines damaged? Why does it say the year 1941 when today it might be 1944.

Tokyo: Most importantly, why are there Sirens, then? If Sirens have been extinct in the world we came before, then Bismarck's theory was correct.

Akihabara and Tokyo walked the high stairs as they walked past two girls with kitsune masks and have no animal features. One of the girls eyed to make sure no one suspects them. The other one reveals her mask as one of the secret missions.

Akihabara: Hmm... It looks like we also have spies here. *Her eye pointing towards the mysterious two girls in kitsune masks.

Tokyo: They both kinda remind me of Sheffield and Edinburgh when we are on recovery, they also came to see how Hood was.

Akihabara: It seems that this world might have the biggest mystery.

Tokyo: Let's go! We need to hurry and infiltrate the temple!

Akihabara: No rushing Tokyo, no need to rush. *Does a ninja move on jumping buildings*

At Nagato's Palace or Temple

Akihabara: This Sakura Tree is the biggest one I've ever seen.

Tokyo: No wonder why it's called Nagato's Temple, I might have changed it to the Sakura Blossom Temple instead.

Akihabara: I agree as much, come on! Let's listen to the commotion here.

Akihabara and Tokyo are climbing the gigantic Sakura Tree from it's branches as they look around the inside of the majestic palace.

The inside of the temple was a beautiful sight. Many Torii gates are placed, simple Japanese bridges that still look beautiful with red paint, the water touching the torii gates and the main room itself, and many beautiful landscapes behind it. It is the beauty of the Sakura Empire or Japan.