Chapter 40: Monarchy and Renaissance

For Vichiya and Iris...

???: Saint Louis... hurry up with this... even though this is a truce, we are not still yet allies.

???: What's the situation on the sea? I suppose we caught some anomalies? *Serious tone*

Saint Louis: Jean Bart, my girls have detected two unknown ships heading towards both of our bases.

Jean Bart: I see, so Gascogne and Vauquelin are right.

Saint Louis: Even though we are enemies, we are not yet sure if those two are a threat to us both. That is why I set up a truce for both factions for this only time.

Saint Louis: We must work together to defend both our bases and our homeland.

Jean Bart: *Sigh* I guess there is no choice for complaining.

Then someone arrived in front of them, a woman who looked like a priest holding a staff with a cross holding her flag.

???: I see. I'm truly happy for both Iris Libre and Vichiya Dominion to be working together again.

Jean Bart & Saint Louis: Richelieu?

Gascogne: Richelieu: Identification. Sister.

Richelieu: How's your base then Jean Bart?

Jean Bart: The base is fine, no problems whatsoever.

Richelieu: I see. Now let us concentrate and fight these unknown ships heading toward our notre patrie.

They both nodded. They then went on their riggings and start to prepare to fight the unknown ships. Unknown to them if they're a threat or not.

For the United Monarchy Navy...

Richelieu (LR) was watching in her ship her favorite show piece given by her admiral, since all the Liberal Republic are retrofitted and recovered, some of their technology is added such as the use of television, dvds, usbs and computers. But all still use WW2 Technology for both their armaments and the bridge.

Jean Bart (LR): Hey Sister Richelieu! What are you doing? *Came inside Richelieu (LR)'s private room.

Richelieu (LR): I'm just watching my favorite movie and show piece. Le Misérables, all about the French Revolution and the fall of France's Monarchy.

Jean Bart (LR): Hm, I see. That's a bit odd though.

Richelieu (LR): WHat do you mean by that sister?

Jean Bart (LR): I mean, in our world the nation is once a Republic after Napoleon. But thanks to the Liberal Republic, they brought us back to being a monarchy, to become part with the rest.

Jean Bart (LR): Watching a play and movie about the fall of France is a bit maybe weird, because we are now a monarchy but you watch about the fall of France.

Richelieu (LR): Come on sister. Watching to the fall of our nation doesn't mean we want our nation today to become a Republic. I might as well, be learning about my nation even more.

Jean Bart (LR): So you are learning about the French Revolution from watching a play? Is that what I'm getting at?

Richelieu (LR): Yes. But it's more than just a play and a form of entertainment, it's history.

Richelieu (LR): The same with your movies, all about the Napoleonic Wars. These are about the beginning of France being a Republic.

Jean Bart (LR): You might have a point.

Richelieu (LR): Not all entertainment is just entertainment, some have deeper meanings behind every picture and scene.

Jean Bart (LR): Anyway, I'm just going back to my ship to watch my own entertainment!