Chapter 46

"Love is something magical, where the word 'Forever' becomes true!"

I woke with a pounding headache and my body sore. I saw that my wounds have been treated and Aiden was sleeping on the chair beside mine and holding my hands in his. I suddenly remembered the last night. Crashing of our car, Liam getting injured. My eyes welled up in tears and the urge to see him developed into a massive mountain in me. I didn't care about the IV attached to my hands. I pulled out the strings attached to my hand as the blood oozed out at my harsh plucking. Aiden woke up at the sound as his eyes widened at the sight of blood in my hands. 

"Athena, what are you doing?" Aiden looked baffled and confused.

"I need to see him, Aiden. Please!" He could sense the exasperation in my voice. 

"You need to heal fully, Cupcake. Liam is okay now. He is out of danger." Aiden tried to convince me to rest.

"No! I need to see him. Please, Aiden. I can't afford to lose someone I love again." I sobbed as he engulfed me in his warmth. I clutched his shirt tighter as if he was too going to leave me.

"Come, I'll take you only after treating your wounds." He said sternly and there is no way to escape from it. The nurse came as she treated my wounds. We left the room quickly and Lucas stood up seeing me.

"I'm glad you are okay." Lucas pressed a kiss to my forehead. 

"Is he awake? Where's everyone?" I asked him.

"He will in an hour or so. I sent home everyone. They will be here after an hour. Come here." He opened the door. I saw pale-looking Liam with so many scratches and injuries in his ribs and hands.

"What did the doctor say?" My voice is more than a whisper.

"He is good, Little one. Nothing much dangerous, a little stiches and a little sprain in his leg which will get healed within a three days. No fractured, nothing. He is lucky. A few stitches in his torso and he was good because you prevented the blood loss, otherwise it could have been difficult to save him." He sighed and I saw the steady breathing of Liam. I hope he is okay. 

"Who did this?" I asked as my anger was evident in my voice.

"We are investigating, Athena. I will reach you once we found it." His jaw clenched at the thought of the accident as he paused and continued,

"I leave you here alone with him. Please take some rest." He patted my head as he left the room closing the door behind him. I walked towards him and placed my palms on his cheeks and pressed a kiss to his forehead. I was so close o losing him and I will never be the person again to lose someone I love so much. I lost Isabella in the past, but I can't afford to lose Liam too. After these years of pain, Liam showed me what is love and made me love and trust someone again. He gave me a family which I have been earning and their warmth. I should not be the innocent, naive and weak girl. I will protect my family no matter what it takes even if it is my life.