Chapter 41

"The power of your smile should never be underestimated. It melts my heart and touches my soul."

I clutched the red roses harder which were favorites for Isabella

I clutched the red roses harder which were favorites for Isabella. All those memories came crashing down in my heart and my mind. Every day we spent came like flashes. I wish she was here to see the person to who I finally gave my heart and trust him with my life. I wish she was here to see me get married happily and have kids. I wish I could be her bridesmaid at her wedding. I wish I too could hold her cute babies as I grew them up. I wish she was here with me, now. I know I can't ask for this. But, I do wish it. Wherever she is, I know she is watching me living a happy life ahead.

I stood in front of her grave which was embedded as Isabella Rose Greene in the remembrance and love of their family. Tears welled up in my eyes but I blinked back it. Liam rubbed my sides and pressed a kiss to my head. 

"I want her to come back to me, Liam," I whisper choked. 

"She is here lying peacefully and here I'm crying for her for leaving me," I added after pausing as my voice croaked at the end. I silently cried as he was rubbing my sides and never told me to stop crying. No one can stop it. I'm glad that he was by my side when I needed him the most.

"Hey Isabella, I'm Liam Knight, your only beloved sister's boyfriend. And yes you heard it right she is my girlfriend. Can you believe it? Athena is my girlfriend. You know she is such a pretty girl with these beautiful sparkling black eyes always that held smile and happiness. When I first saw her, I was so much intrigued by her. She was something like a magnet that always attracted me to her. I just made her be my Personal Assistant to see those deep mysterious black orbs every day." I slapped his arms and looked at him wide in his eyes. 

"What do you mean?" I asked him. I was shocked. He was attracted to me from the first meet. I didn't even know that. Both of our feelings were mutual.

"See she is beating me always!" He complained like a child to Isabella. If she was here she would be enjoying our bickering endlessly. I glared at him placing my hand on my hips.

"Let me continue and ignore her." He said, but I gave him a look you have a lot to explain buddy and he started saying about us,

"It was just in the spur of the moment decision I made her my Assistant. You know, I'm glad I did it. She is such a talented person both in business and also being a doctor. I'm lucky to have her in my life, Isabella. She says she sees you in me. And I'm glad that she did. I don't want you to worry about Athena, because she has me. I'll take care of her. After a month I realized that my attraction was nothing just normal. I felt something for her. That's when I realized that I like her so much. I was nervous as hell to ask her out. I dropped some hints but she never acknowledged it. If you were here you would have guessed and tell her. After few days of cute moments with her, I confessed it to her. I'm glad that I'm her first boyfriend, kiss and se-" I closed his mouth with my hand embarrassed. Isabella would be a laughing mess by now.