Chapter 16

"You're too far for my hands to hold you,  but too near for my heart to love you."

It's been two weeks since the incident at the restaurant

It's been two weeks since the incident at the restaurant. Questions have been whirling around my mind since that incident. What was she exactly hiding? Who came that able gives her a panic attack? Why is she so scared of him? Who the hell is he and what he did do to her? 

I have never been this disturbed. I know that she is not willing to open up to me so I myself diverted the topic and for her sake, I even quoted that guy from her favorite series. It made her laugh it lightened up the mood and I find myself smiling at her while she laughed. Her laugh is like music to my ears that I can hear it all day. Even though I let it aside but I never forget that. She was tossing and turning, shaking, sweating. Does she often get her nightmares or it was triggered by that person she saw earlier? I should ask the hotel members to check the CCTV footage of whom she looked at. I was scared that was an understatement. It took a moment to calm her panic attack. I held her close to me. I knew in an odd way she felt that too to be safe in my arms. 

She was mumbling "Don't do that to her." "Please leave her." "No no please." Everything looked like she was begging someone to stop hurting her. Who is her? Who was she trying to save? 

I wanted to ask a lot of questions about her but I can't force myself. Even though I questioned her she kept quiet and it was obvious she doesn't want to share. But I wanted to know her. That day I made her happy and yes she stayed at my penthouse that night not wanting to leave her alone in her hideous home which is not safe. I should look for an apartment near the office and a safe place to keep her safe from whoever going to hurt her. I arranged for some bodyguard to follow her without knowing her to ensure her safety.

After that incident, I confessed to myself that,

 I like Athena to the core of my heart.

I have been thinking about it lately and I have trust issues to trust a girl again to love. But I realized that she changed me at the first sight I saw her at the park a few months ago. There could never be coincidence and I never believe in fate but somehow she made me believe. The sequence of events of me and her meeting. Her voice always pulled my mind out of my dream world. She has that effect on me. 

She would never know...

She would never know what things I have done to get her close to me.

She would never know that I searched everywhere for her. 

She would never know that she changed her thought about girls at the first sight.

She would never know that I wanted to kiss her plump lips senselessly. 

She would never know what are the things that I imagined in my mind. 

She would never know that I want to be the reason for her smile.