Chapter 42

"I need you like a heart needs a beat."

"I felt numb and void, in myself," She said looking into my tear-filled eyes

"I felt numb and void, in myself," She said looking into my tear-filled eyes. I hugged her tightly wishing that would take her pain away. She has gone through so much man! How the fuck did she even manage to smile after all those things happened to her. Isabella doesn't deserve it, Athena doesn't deserve it. Why the heck they both had to go through this much. My heart ached for her pain. I never guessed it. That's why she is always uncomfortable around men. That's why she is more introverted and not opening up. 

"Athena-" I started saying but again she stopped sobbing and started saying looking into my eyes,

"There is more. After that police rescued us only after a day Isabella died in which Preston managed to escape. They searched for him everywhere but couldn't find him. I thought he was dead or he did flee to some other state. I badly wanted to kill him with my bare hands until he brutally died. When I reached home, my home was not my home. Oliver and Melissa were furious and they believed that I failed to save her and they blamed me for killing her. They don't know that Preston was the one who kidnapped us and raped Isabella. They thought I was the one why she is dead, but no. It was Oliver. He didn't know it. He will feel guilty when he comes to know that it was Preston and her daughter who died because of him. So I hid it from him blaming it on myself and it was partly true too. I did nothing to save her." A tear fell from her eyes as I wiped away with my thumb.

"They hurt me with their words first and then they started abusing me. I continued college in spite of everything because it was mine, dad, and Isabella's dream too. Their abuse became worse and I treated myself with stitches and tablets. I don't know that I was losing myself in my misery. I started getting nightmares and... and I started hurting myself." She gulped as she looked into my eyes with absolute sadness. 

"I... I w-was hurting myself. I tried suicide and- and I cut my thighs with a knife just to make my heart pain go away. At least the pain my body was there to focus on. I have the scars still on my body, Liam. I still have those memories imprinted as my scars. But my heart has the biggest scar imprinted. Avery noticed these as they admitted me to a rehabilitation center in which I got cured in a year. After that, I numbed myself for the feelings and Oliver continued his abuse. I studied harder and wanted to study further, but Oliver stopped me. He made me his P.A just to continue his abuse, which I have gotten used to. Avery is the only person who knew what happened in my life. Now, you. I wanted to yell at him, that he was the reason, but I couldn't, Liam. I couldn't. I have been keeping this up for three years. The hell of my life. Losing someone who is close to your heart itself a murder to our souls. I lost it the second Isabella died in front of me." She sobbed clutching her heart. She continued and I didn't stop her.

"Reynolds was her fiance. We all were happy, Liam. I was imagining the things at her wedding which crushed my dreams of her having kids with him. When he came to know that Isabella was brutally raped and killed to death, he was devasted. More than me, Liam. He loved her as much I did. He lived like a living corpse. He didn't talk to anyone, not even me. I know he too didn't trust me. After a year, he moved to some other city. After that, I haven't seen him. He was like my brother, Liam. He loved me as his sister. See what I did to him." She hiccupped.