Chapter 10

"I can bear distance but cannot imagine a life without YOU. For you, I will go through the distance and the heartaches. You are my one and only!"

Today is my first day as a Personal Assistant for Mr

Today is my first day as a Personal Assistant for Mr.Knight. I was so nervous about working in a big company like Knight Industries. As usual, I took a cab as I reached the office. Glancing at my watch I was 10 minutes earlier to my work. 

Yesterday, he explained a lot about his company and even took me around the office and introduced me to the officials that I needed to know. All I heard about him was an arrogant jerk to his all employees, but he is nothing like that or maybe I was wrong. 

All I have to tag along and smile. As I reached the elevator and pressed the button to the topmost floor, a brunette boy with green eyes entered the elevator rushing to catch it. 

"Hey, You are new here, Am I right?" The brunette guy smiled. 

"Actually yeah, I'm." I shifted uncomfortably away from him not wanting to get any closer to the boys. 

"Oops sorry for my behavior. My name is Noah Parker." He extended his hand and I shook hands with him with a forced smile that I practiced with Oliver.

"I'm Athena. Nice to meet you too." I said timidly feeling uncomfortable around new guys.

"Likewise!" He replied with a cheeky smile.

"I work in the Human resources department. Well... You know we can catch up later for some lunch." He offered kindly since I was new here and didn't have any friends. But I was uncomfortable and I don't want to create a bad impression on the first day. I can't help myself being scared around men who are too alone. 

"I'll let you know, Mr.Parker. Since I'm busy with the schedule, it's a bit difficult when will I get to eat lunch, that's why. I don't want you to wait for me." I rambled on nervously and slid off his request politely.

"That's fine. It might be difficult for you to catch up on things when you are new. If you are up for it let me know." While handing him his business card to left it in my thoughts for a while.

I reached his office with his coffee but did not prepare the exact plain coffee with no sugar added that's what he wanted but I'm here changing it with my own preparation.

"I can do this." I calmed myself and took a couple of deep breaths and knocked on the door. A faint "come in" is heard. I placed the coffee on his table and handed him the schedule for the day. He just nodded not even looking at me.

"Is there any other thing or work that I have to do, Mr.Knight?" I asked him. He immediately looked at me and frowned as he shook his head to himself. 

Suddenly he stood up from his chair and came towards me at a two-foot distance but it was enough for me to take a sniff at his expensive cologne which makes me crazy. He smelled like a classic chocolate fragrance and that smelled heavenly. I'm getting addicted to his cologne more.