Chapter 33

"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you."

Lucas's proposal was out of the world

Lucas's proposal was out of the world. I prayed that he doesn't mess up. I'm happy he did it out best.  Emily was clearly upset in the morning that none of them were remembered her birthday. But the surprise planned for her was worth it.  I'm so happy that Lucas and Emily are together. They are so much in love with each other that's clearly visible in their eyes. The way Lucas expressed his love through is efforts would make every girl want a man like him. I knew most of the girls were jealous of my brother. But he is taken. I couldn't wait for the wedding. That was the best thing would happen. I love to attend weddings. It gives a happy aura around us. I'm eagerly waiting for it. 

"I'm so happy Lucas did it at last." Liam said snapping out my thoughts. I giggled as he turned over to look at me smiling. 

"He has been freaking out since we arrived here." I laughed.

"I've been telling him to clam down, baby girl, but he was nervous till the last minute." Liam shook his head smiling thinking about Lucas. 

"It's not simple, Liam. He is proposing for a wedding. A Wedding!" I exclaimed it a bit.

"I can't believe Emily is getting married. She is still my little sister, that I'm over protective of her. She is still the same little girl for me. She is still the little girl that I held in arms as a baby." He said softly looking  ahead focusing the road.

"Awww, Liam. You look like a terror guy outside, but such a softie inside." I teased him. 

"You and Aiden always make fun of me. I hate you both." He groaned before.

"No, you love me!" I giggled. But I realized what I said to him. 

What the hell, Athena?

What the hell are you even talking?

Why am I always messing up things? 

Should I deny it?

This is so awkward!

I turned and glanced at him through my eye lashes, I saw Liam was looking at the road and made no comment. I must change the topic definitely. The tension in the air was thick around us. 

Did he took the comment seriously? I was just joking!

Deep in my heart I love him.

"I can't wait for the wedding." I squealed a bit making Liam let out a breathy laugh. It eased a bit suffocating atmosphere around us. 

"You and mom would make a awesome pair. She is just the same like you. She will be probably starting thinking how to do wedding and stuff, now itself." 

"I bet we make a awesome pair. I too started thinking about the wedding." I sighed dreamily. 

"You must like weddings so much." Liam remarked.