chapter twenty-eight

Sapo and the rest of the gang got in cars and we went to the woods. We went out to a certain spot.

"Sapo, you guys killed Cuchillos?" I whispered as I heard my brother yelling.

"Yes" He whispered back. He put his hand over my mouth to tell me to shut up. They all walked out there to show themselves to Monse, Cesar, Jamal and Ruby. They burned Cuchillos. Sapo brought me out there next. Sapo had his head down as Cuchillos burned in a pit. Sapo kissed me and I followed Monse, Jamal, Cesar and Ruby out.

We got In-N-Out and went to Monse's place.

"How long were you with them?" Cesar asked me.

"A few days."

"Did you see Oscar?" Monse asked me.

"No, Sapo wouldn't let me go out there, but I heard him fighting with Cuete."

"Maybe this is good, maybe the more you're with them the more insight we'll get."

"No. I'm not using Sapo. I love Sapo."

"You love a killer?" Jamal asked me.

"Bitch, you love your stalker."

"Yeah but that's better than a killer"

"Next subject"

We ended up leaving after eating.

The next day..

I was asleep in my room when I heard Oscar and the 19th Street gang talking.

"I wanna make it to my 16th birthday" Cuete said to Oscar. I walked out of my room as they were leaving and Sapo heard me walking out. He smirked seeing me and I walked up to him. I kissed him and he left. I turned around facing Sad Eyes and Oscar.

"Good morning" I said as they both said good morning back. Sad Eyes left and Cesar came out. He started to fight with Oscar.

That night..

I got a text from Monse in the group chat, asking when we can all hangout.

A week later..

Monse is leaving for her new school. We met up and I hugged her.

"I'll miss you" I said.

She left.

2 years later..

Monse is happily at her new school, hanging out with all the girls. I talk to her at least once a month. We talked yesterday to start. She's doing well and she's super happy. She has three best friends now.

Jamal is working on his football career. He's been getting all the ladies. He literally has sex like everyday. Kendra and him aren't dating anymore. He's got all his football friends. Him and I talk whenever we see each other but he's kind of an asshole now. I don't think he wants to be but the players are making it that way. Other than that he's happy.

Jasmine and Ruby have been dating for awhile now. They are happily together. I still talk to both of them, at least more than Jamal and Monse.

Oscar has a girlfriend now and they are expecting a baby soon. I love his girlfriend and she's so nice. Oscar and I still talk even though he doesn't live at the house anymore. He lives with his girlfriend and soon to be daughter. He's so much happier out of the gang.

Cesar is the leader of the gang now. He's become a total asshole of a brother and friend. He owns the house now and I still live there obviously. He has a girlfriend named Vero. She's more of an asshole than him. She hates me and I hate her. Even though Cesar and I live together, we don't always talk.

And as for me. I've been dating Sapo for about 1 and a half years now. He's still in the 19th street gang. I'm happy and so is he.