chapter nineteen

A few weeks later..

I haven't seen Cesar since that night.

I got a call from Ezekiel.

"Kayla and I broke up"

"I'm sorry, Ezekiel."

"Look I gotta go. I think Cesar is outside my house." I said confused.

"Okay, bye." He said hanging up. I threw my phone on my bed and went outside.

"I need protection" Cesar said breathing hard.

"You came to the wrong place." Oscar said while working on his car.

"I found Latrelle. I went to go finish the job."

"And?"

"The gun jammed" Cesar said looking away.

"You're 0 for 2" Oscar said looking back at his car.

"Ain't gonna be number 3. Go!"

"WHERE?! I HAVE NOWHERE TO GO!" Cesar screamed. I flinched because of how he yelled.

"Not my problem" Oscar said pissing me and Cesar off.

"Not your problem" Cesar said clenching his teeth.

"There's nothing I can do for you. It's not just about you anymore. Everyone you care about is in jeopardy of your stay. So leave! And don't come back." Oscar said barely turning his head to face Cesar.

Cesar started leaving but he came back.

"You know what Oscar? You should have handled this for me. You're not just my big brother, you're my big homie." Cesar said as Oscar interrupted him.

"Shut the hell up"

"You could have taken out Latrelle BUT INSTEAD YOU SENT ME! YOU SENT ME TO DO IT!" Cesar said pushing Oscar. I sat down on the step to watch.

"HEY! YOU KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU DID?! HOW BADLY YOU MUST SUFFER! HEY! You put me in an impossible situation with Cuchillos." Oscar grabbed Cesar by the shirt.

"Oscar, please." Cesar said as they hugged each other.

"I don't know what to do"

"Hey! Hey! I love you mano. But you're done." Oscar said still holding Cesar.

"Happy Birthday." Oscar said.

They ended up making a deal. I smiled. Cesar walked off.

The next morning..

I woke up and heard talking coming from the living room. I had booty shorts on and a crop top. I walked out into the living room to see Oscar, Jamal and Ruby. I listened to their conversation.

"I'll take the cash but not Cesar" Oscar said holding a donut in his hand.

"Oscar, you do realize Jamal and I both found that." I said leaning against my bedroom door frame with my arms crossed.

"I don't care. Go back into your room."

"No" I said staying where I was.

The boys started fighting with Oscar. Oscar kicked them out. I got pissed off.

"Go. You gotta be there to say bye to Cesar. It will make it more realistic. After the bus leaves I'll pick you two up." Oscar said as I laughed and went into my bedroom. I changed and left from the bus station.

I said my goodbyes to Oscar and then after everyone left Oscar picked us up.

"Jayde, you're going with Cesar. You're gonna have money on you too, under your shirt." Oscar said as I rolled my eyes.

"No one told me about this." I said as we drove away. We stopped somewhere and taped the money on our bodies.

"I really have to pull up my shirt around a bunch of guys?" I asked.

"Yes, Jayde. It's all apart of the plan." Oscar said.

We arrived in Prophet$ hood. Cesar and I walked up to them. The guys started whistling at me. They all stood up and surrounded Cesar and I. We put our hands up. They brought us in a house.

"Shit" I said turning around to go outside until one of them stepped in front of me. It was another one of my exes. They sat us down.

"Hey ma!" He said as I rolled my eyes.

"You used to do that a lot for me" He said.

"Shut the hell up, Tyrone" I said clenching my teeth.

"You got some info for me?" He asked Cesar.

"125 Hardy Way, it's the Santos stash house. One of them at least. The main connect Javier Osuna. Goes by the name Trenzas. The moneys following through El Cochino Club. A whole lot of it. But that's not why we're here. I came to buy my friends safety." Cesar started explaining.

"Yo friends?" He asked.

"The ones you boys rolled up on" Cesar said.

"What about her? We rolled up on her too." Tyrone said.

"She's got protection"

"What about that little boyfriend of hers?"

"He's not my boyfriend" I said.

"Friends? Huh? Safety ain't cheap."

"That's why we got this" Cesar said as we pulled up our shirts. The money just under my boobs. I covered my boobs with my shirt. We got guns pulled up on us.

"Easy. It's 50 grand, all together." Cesar said as they ripped it off his body. Tyrone took it off of me.

"So do we have a deal?" Cesar asked.

"Yeah, alright. It's should take care of yo friends. What about you two? We gotta settle up."

"What do you mean?" Cesar and I both asked. We looked over and saw Latrelle..