chapter thirteen

The next morning..

Jamal and I finished stacking the money in piles. We went to school. Ruby was happy because we could get back to normal.

"Finally we can get back to normal." Ruby said as we all agreed.

"TURNER, DIAZ!" Coach yelled at us.

We followed him to his office. He told us how much we would have to pay for. We started cleaning the showers.

That night..

I decided to go home. I knew I was going to get shit for it too, but might as well. I've been staying at Jamals house and he needs a break from me. I can tell.

I went home and saw The Santos plus Oscar sitting outside. I walked up to the house and Oscar stood up.

"What are you doing here?" He asked grabbing my arm before I went inside the house.

"I've been staying at Jamal's house and he needs break from me so I'll stay one night and then leave again tomorrow." I said not facing him.

"Jayde, you can stay whenever you want. It's your home too. I was angry so I kicked you out."

"YEAH BUT IT DOESNT GIVE YOU A FUCKING REASON TO KICK CESAR OUT!" I said facing him finally, clenching my fists.

"I DO HAVE A REASON! HE DIDNT SHOOT LATRELLE!"

"OSCAR, I DATED AND FUCKED LATRELLE AND YOU DIDNT KICK ME OUT!"

"BECAUSE- WE ARENT GOING THERE, JAYDE. CESAR NEEDS TO GROW UP AND UNDERSTAND LIFE A LITTLE MORE! He's still learning, Jayde. You're out of that stage. I mean you are still learning but you learn quicker than him."

"I wouldn't shoot someone, even if we were rivals."

"You're just saying that because it's Latrelle"

"No, there's no point in taking someone's life. Yeah Latrelle didn't shoot Cesar and Cesar didn't shoot Latrelle. Latrelle shot Olivia and Ruby. Olivia's gone, Oscar. I hate this dumbass gang shit that our family got ourselves into! ITS FUCKING BULLSHIT!" I said as he let go of my arm. Before I went inside.

"I love you" I said quietly.

"Love you. Sleep good." He said quietly, trying not to show affection in front of the members.