chapter eighteen

It's about a month since then. Monse and I were walking together. Suddenly a cop pulled up on us.

"Hey! Where's Cesar?" He asked us. We looked down at him.

"Not sure. He's been ghosting both of us." Monse said holding onto her backpack strap.

"When's the last time one of you two saw him?" The cop asked us.

"A few weeks ago" Monse said.

"Same here" I said.

"The kid who has shot your friends has been spotted in town." The cop said. We both gasped.

"Latrelle?" I asked.

"Can you tell him?"

"We haven't seen him" Monse said.

"We'll when you don't see him again. Tell him I said be safe." The cop said driving away.

Monse went off to go see Cesar. I went to school.

We started making a plan to wash the money. We want to get Cesar out of town as soon as we can. At lunch Jasmine said she knew someone who could make us fake IDs.

After school..

We walked to the house. The guy opened the door.

"NOOOOO" Jamal and I both screamed.

"You want three IDs?" Chivo asked Jasmine.

"I texted you, we need five."

"I only see three people"

"Oh don't act like you don't see Jayde and I standing here, Chivo!"

"I'm ghosting you guys" He said looking away.

"Chivo? As in Chivo, Chivo?!" Monse whispered.

"Mhm" Jamal and I both said.

"No!" Chivo quickly said.

He let us in and gave us fake IDs. We also convinced him to let Cesar stay at us place for awhile.

The next day..

We were practicing what to do at Money Bunny. We were washing our money there.

"HOW COME JAYDE AND EZEKIEL DO THE BEST?!" Jasmine yelled.

We went to Money Bunny and did our stuff. We got the money washed. We started walking away until we got rolled up on.

"Ay Monse! Where that bitch ass boyfriend of yours at?" One of the Prophet$ asked.

"Yeah we already know he ain't at your pops spot no more so where he at then?" The other one said.

"We already know what's up with you Ruby. Bang!" He said. They started laughing. They then looked me up and down. Ezekiel stood right behind me. Our bodies pressed together.

"Hey Jayde! Where's your brother at? Latrelle's been missing your head lately. I see you got a new boyfriend."

"Shut the fuck up" I said calmly.

"The hell did you just say to me?"

"I said-" I started saying with an attitude until Ezekiel put his hand over my mouth.

They drove away laughing.

Later that night..

Ruby and I went to Chivos, both breathing heavily. We knocked on the door really hard. We started yelling at him to open the door. He let us in.

"WE GOT ROLLED UP ON! The Prohet$, they were looking for you and they know you don't work at Dwayne's anymore AND THEY KNOW MY NAME!" Ruby yelled.

"Where's Monse is she okay?!" Cesar asked.

"She's fine. She went home. Everyone went home except for her and I. No one knows I'm here. Shit. Shit. SHIT. SHIT."

"Breathe okay?!"

"THIS IS NEVER GONNA END!"

They starting yelling a little more. Ruby went into the bathroom. Then Cesar turned to me. I was crying so hard.

"You okay, Jayde?" He said as I turned to face him.

"I fucked up. I told them to shut the fuck up. Holy shit." I said with a shaky voice.

"Ruby's right. They don't stop. Police don't do shit." I said sitting down on Chivos couch. Cesar hugged me and then went over to Chivos safe. He grabbed a gun out and left the house.

"I love you, Jayde." He said walking out. I took care of Ruby the rest of the night.