thirty nine

October 2, 2020
47 days. 47 days since melody was shot. 47 days since she had been in outerbanks. Melody was doing better, cause of therapy. She still missed jacob and the pogues so much.
Jj had been getting better slowly. He still missed her with his whole heart. Him and jake would hang out sometimes. Jacob hated knowing that melody was alive and he couldn't tell him. It ate him alive.

~~
Jacob opened the front door to the quinn house to pick up something when he heard taylor talking. He pulled out his phone and started recording , just in case.

"i did what i had to do" taylor said,

"so, you shot her?" a man asked.

"i did" she answered

"she was 17!" the man sighed and jacob gasped as he realized who the voice belonged to.

Ward Cameron

"she knew too much, and i dont even know how" taylor spoke.

"does your boy know?" ward questioned.

"not sure" taylor replied.

Jacob stopped recording and quietly walked out of the house. He ran all the way to the police station. He was panting when he got there. "you okay?" peterkin asked him. "i have to show you something" jacob panted out and she nodded. They went in her office and she gave him some water. "my mom shot my sister" jake blurted. Peterkin tilted her head to the side.

"hun, i know that its hard losing someone close"

"i have proof" jacob interrupted.

"show me"

And he did. She watched the video and put her hand over her mouth. "ok ok kid, stay here" peterkin put a hand to his shoulder and left. He saw multiple officers leave and drive to his house. He decided to wait until they brought taylor into custody to call mark.
About 15 minutes later, peterkin walked through the doors with taylor in hand cuffs. Jacob smiled and dialed marks number.

Mark, melody, cassie and the kids were all watching a movie when mark's phone rang. He answered it as cassie paused the movie, earning some whines from nathen. "oh my god" mark said and looked at melody. "t-thats great, ill tell her, okay see you soon" mark smiled as melody and cassie shared a confused look. "uh melody, taylor is in custody" mark announced. Melody stared at mark with tears building up in her eyes. "r-really?" melody chuckled. "yeah" mark smiled and a few tears fell out of mel's eyes. "you can see jj again!" cassie got up and hugged melody.

"wait, wait, what happens now?" melody asked.

"what do you mean?" cassie spoke

"with me and jacob, cause im not 18 yet so i cant get custody of him and im sure you guys dont want two teenagers" melody rambled and cassie cupped melody face in her hands.

"honey we got you" cassie smiled and melody shook her head.

"would we have to move to florida?"

"not necessarily, we could move to outerbanks" mark added

"but, bu-, "melody we love you and jake, we want you guys to be happy, ari and nathen will love it there" cassie interrupted.

Melody nodded and hugged both cassie and mark. "you guys should leave now" cassie said and mark and melody nodded.

Mark and melody drove 10 hours back to outerbanks. Melody parked the car in front of the police station and took a breath. She woke mark up and they got out of the car. Melody pulled open the door and everyone who was inside looked at her. Peterkin saw her and smiled. "arent you dead?" peterkin asked and gave her a hug before spotting mark. "wait a damn minute, arent you dead too?" peterkin chuckled. Mark smiled and gave a peterkin a hug too. "wheres jacob?" melody asked and peterkin pointed to her office. Melody walked in and jacob smiled when he saw her. "melody!" he ran and jumped in her arms. "your hair's longer!" the two chuckled. "i missed you so much" jacob said into her hair. "me too" they pulled away when mark came in the room. "dad!" jacob ran and hugged him.