twenty one

july 11, 2020

MELODY WAS SITTING ON HER BED, on the phone with her dad. "she..uh choked me yesterday" melody spoke. "mel, i-i am so sorry" he apologized. "let me fly you and jake out for a few days" he said and melody chuckled. "funny" she said, "melody im serious.", "but then i'd have to tell jake" ,she sits up straight. "you guys are just kids, no one deserves to be choked" he responded. "dad, i dont know how jake would take it.". The two thought of ways she could tell jake and mel decided to just say it and see how it goes.

Melody and Sarah were getting ice cream and talking. "you know wheezie really loves you" sarah said and licked her birthday cake ice cream. "shes a good kid" mel says and sarah nods in agreement. "so how are you and topper?" mel asks and sarah chuckles before talking, "we broke up" sarah says and melody's jaw drops. "for real?." sarah nods and melody shakes her head. "you seein' someone knew?." sarah blushes before nodding with a smile. "yeah, were keeping in secret though" she adds and melody nods.

Melody got home from hanging out with sarah and saw jacob watching tv. "hey jake, i need to tell you something" she started and he paused his show. She sat on the coffee table infront of him and picked at the skin on her nails. "uh so...a few weeks ago i found a instagram account with a picture of..our dad" she paused, his face was filled with confusion. "jake...our dad is alive" she states and he shakes his head in denial. "no.. no he died when i was three" jacob says, but mostly to himself. "jacob i saw him, he lives in florida, thats why i went" she adds and his jaw drops and tears well up in his eyes. "your serious?" he questions and she nods.

A few tears come out of his eyes and he sadly chuckles. "so he left us?" his expression changes. "no no, mom tried to kill him and she thinks he's dead" she corrects. "what the fuck" he mumbles and she chuckles. "he wants us to come see him.", he smiles and tackles her in a hug. "hes alive, hes alive, hes alive" he repeats to himself.