seven

June 21, 2020

THE POGUES WERE ALL AT THE CHATEAU hanging out. Melody had came up with the idea to ask the pogues if they wanted to go on a road trip to florida. She knew she could get jj, john b on board, just might take a little convincing to kie's parents and pope's.

"hey, you wanna know what i just thought of?" melody started and everyone was curious on what she was gonna say.

"what if we took a road trip?, kie's face lit up at the idea, as did jj's and john b.

"yes just yes i am so in!" jj clapped his hands together.

"wait, how long would we be gone?" pope asked, nervous that his parents wouldn't let him go.

"uh.. maybe a week?" melody looked at everyone and they were all good with that time span.

"and where?."

"i was thinking.. florida?.. i mean its only like 11 hours." melody speaks.

"when would we go?" kie asks, excitement raidiating off of her.

"what if we left today? john b joked, but melody, kie, jj, were all down.

"i mean...we could" kie smirks.

"im down with whatever" melody added and jj nodded.

"okay how about this? i go home, talk to my pops and then we figure it out?" pope questions and everyone nods.

"okay pope, lets hit it" john b grabbed the keys to the twinkie and everyone got in.

John b drove to pope's and pope got out and shot a nervous smile to the pogues. A few minutes later pope and heyward came out with a stern look on his face.

"hi mr heyward!" melody greeted and waved.

"hi dear, so i hear you guys are going on a road trip?" heyward asks.

"thats right sir" jj replies. "and are you guys gonna be drinking?" heyward questions.

"nope, going totally sober" melody lies. "yeah we wanna remember it" john b adds.

"are any drugs gonna be done?".

"nope"

"no sir."
"you guys are gonna be responsible right?." ,

"promise."

"i swear if i get a call saying you guys got arrested, im gonna kill you all with my bare hands" heyward pointed his pointer finger in each of there faces.

"so i can go?" pope asks, excitingly. "i suppose". "thank you, thank you" pope hugs his father.

"okay so are we leaving today?" john b asks, wanting to clarify. "i think we should" jj adds.

"pope go pack, we'll pick you up after we all get our stuff!" john b pushes everyone in the van and pope throws a thumbs up and runs into his house.

John b drives to jj's first and drops him off to pack, then drops kie off, and then melody.

Melody grabs her suitcase from her closet and packs, a million swimsuits, 6 tops, 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of nike shorts underwear, some bras, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and almost forgot pajamas. She scanned her pantry for snacks, she was pretty much out of everything. She grabbed cash and jogged to the mini mart. She grabbed water, chips, some candy, a tea for kie, a blue gatorade for pope, a la crox for john b, and a mountain dew for jj. She also grabbed some snacks for jacob and paid and ran back to her house. Melody saw jacob kiss his girlfriend and watched her drive away. He smiled and grabbed one of the bags from melody's hand and walked up the steps. "are you guys dating?" melody asked, a smirk playing on her face. "uh... yeah" jacob answered as melody grabbed her stuff and shoved it in a backpack. "im going to florida for a week, so you'll have the house to yourself" melody says and jacob tiltes his head in confusion. "what? why?" jacob asked as melody threw a bag of chips to him. "road trip" she half lied, it was also because she wanted to find their supposed to be dead father. "with the pogues?." "yep."

About 30 minutes later john b honked the horn infront of mel's house and jake carried her suitcase for her and put it in her jeep. Her and john b decided over text that they should take two cars just in case, and they would put everyone's stuff in mels car. "i wanna ride with mel!" jj announced and john b fake pouted. "okay we can switch too, so we'll stop in about 6 hours" pope adds. John b, pope and kie get in the twinkie and mel and jj get in her jeep.