eleven

june 30, 2020

THE FRONT DOOR OPENED AND TAYLOR WALKED IN. Mel was in the kitchen making food for her and jacob. Taylor didnt even acknowledge mel and walked upstairs and into her office. Melody was terrified living there knowing what her mother was capable of. She finished the mac and cheese she was making and put some in a bowl and knocked on jacobs door,
"come in" she heard jacob say from the other side and she opened it and closed it behind her.

She handed him the bowl and he thanked her.

"jake.. i need you to pack a emergency bag." she stated and he furrowed his brows.

"why?" he asked, confused.

"put clothes, a toothbrush, and other shit and then i want you to put it in my room, ok?" she explained sternly and he nodded.

She walked out of his room and walked into her room. She turned on her laptop and watched 'euphoria' until her mother came bursting into her room. "what the hell?" melody asked. "someones at the door for you" taylor said and left. Melody walked downstairs and saw wheezie waiting for her. "wheezie?" melody asked and wheezie smiled and hugged her. "what are you doing here?" mel asked and wheezie pulled away from her. "no ones home and your brother told me that you got home a few days ago, and i was lonely" wheezie shrugged and mel smiled. "you wanna watch a movie?" melody asked and wheezie nodded. Mel lead wheez to her room and they laid down on her bed. They were watching "shes the man" when jacob came in and put his emergency backpack on her floor next to her bed. Mel smiled at him and he waved and went back to his room. Wheezie asked how florida was after the movie was over and melody told wheez about when they were at the beach and jj tripped over some kids sandcastle and the kid cried. There was a knock on the front door and melody went down and it was rafe. "hey rafe" melody offered him a smile and he smiled back. "wheezie's here right?" he asked and she nodded, "ill go get her" he nodded and melody ran upstairs and got wheez. "bye wheezie", wheezie hugged her goodbye and got in rafes car. "hey melody?" rafe spoke, "would you wanna hang out sometime? you know wheezie loves you, so you know.." he asks and melody smiles. "yeah thatd be cool" she replies. "cool, ill see ya around" rafe said and she waved.