sixteen

july 6, 2020

MELODY HAD JUST GOTTEN HOME FROM the camerons. Taylor came downstairs with an annoyed face. "melody make me a sandwich, im starving" taylor sat down on the island stools.

"i cant, i gotta shower" mel lied, she wasnt about to make this bitch food.

"god melody, can you just do it?" taylor raised her voice.

"no" melody stated.

"im so tired of your attitude, i wish you were never born" taylor said and then walked upstairs.

Melody stood there, sad and hurt. Those six words always hurt, no matter how many times she'd heard them. A tear slipped out of her eye and she quickly wiped it. Melody walked up the stairs and opened jacob's door. "hey" he said, not taking his eyes off of his game. "jacob, i need to tell you something" melody was going full impulse, was she really about to tell her brother that their dad's alive? , "uh actually never mind" she walked out of his room and into her own. She grabbed her car keys and shoes and walked outside and into her jeep.

She sat in the sand, staring at the waves. It wasnt the warmest day and it was supposed to rain soon but she didnt care. Warm tears were falling out of her eyes but she didnt care. She had her knees up to her chin and her arms around them. She was picturing what it would be like if she took jacob and left, leave outerbanks, leave the pogues, leave everything. But she knew she couldn't, that would be selfish of her. It made her cry more picturing the pogues looking for her, calling her, but never finding her, cause melody knew if she did leave, she'd probably wouldnt come back.