Chapter 27 - Tears on my pillow

I returned home feeling hurt and used. I was so overwhelmed and confused with emotions. I ran the whole way home, ignoring Ruel screaming my name from behind me and the tears running furiously down my face. He followed me for about 20 metres before giving up. Part of me was happy he stopped, part of me was hurt. That was all I was worth to him? 20 meters? Our whole relationship, the intimate moments we had shared, all the effort I had gone through to help him was only worth 20 metres.

But I didn't stop. I didn't stop for the darkness, I didn't stop for the confused Coco standing outside my house, I didn't stop for my concerned mum, I didn't stop for Neveah, I only stopped once I had shut the door to my room and flopped onto my bed. And I cried. I just let my tears falls harshly onto the pillow. I sobbed and sobbed, small whimpers occasionally leaving my mouth.

I simply couldn't believe that after all that we had been through together, he would just go kiss another girl like it was nothing. Not even just another girl. He kissed the one person who hurt him the most. The person who changed him. The person who ruined him. The person who abused him. He just immediately let her back in after all of that.

I was so stupid to think he cared. After all, how could someone that exquisite like me?

I felt myself drift into an exhausted slumber, tears still falling. My mind wasn't quiet that night. It was echoing with the murmurs of my thoughts.

Ruel's POV

I knew as soon as I saw her in that window that I was fucked. So damn fucked. I was such a damn idiot. I couldn't quite see her in the dark, but I knew she was there. And I could see the tears falling from her eyes. I had to go explain this to her, but how? I watched her back away from the window and sprint to the stairs.

Fuck. I had to go catch her.

"What are you looking at Ruel?" Valory snapped, making me look away from the window and back at her disgusting face. I knew I couldn't let her know Sunday had been there.

"Nothing," I muttered. "I have to go get something from the house, I'll be back," I lied the words just falling out of my mouth. Before she could protest, I turned around and ran around the other side of the house to find Sunday fucking sprinting away.

"Sunday!" I yelled, sprinting behind her. She didn't respond, nor react. "Sunday!" I screamed again, willing her to stop running, but she didn't. And now Valory was tugging my hand, making me stop. "Fuck," I muttered as I watched her run away, disappearing into the darkness. There was absolutely no way I could fix this now.

Sunday's POV

I awoke, to my dismay, feeling numb. I was in my bed, lying on my back, tear stains still sticky on my face. The only thing stopping the tears from streaming was the fact I was still. If I moved, I knew l would start crying. The whole world seemed still. Mum wasn't banging plates, Neveah wasn't chatting her life away, and dad wasn't watching the news. There were no birds, no wind. It was just silent. So silent