Changing Thoughts

"I keep having these little thoughts about him in the back of my mind," confessed Hermione Granger to her best girl friend, Ginny Weasley.

Miss Granger is a sixteen year old fifth year attending the school of Hogwarts: Witchcraft and Wizardry. Everyone can agree that she is the smartest book worm in her year-maybe even the whole school of that matter. Hermione is a very pretty girl; brown eyes, bushy brown hair, a knack for knowledge and an attitude that never gives up. She is a much liked girl, with high expectations.

            Ginny Weasley, on the other hand, is a fourteen year old fourth year. She is the baby of a nine member family. She has got brown eyes as well. Not to mention bright, red hair, just like her mum, Molly, her dad, Arthur, and her brothers, Ron, Fred, and George (Fred and George, in their seventh year, are mischievous twins. Never serious; always playing around and coming up with stupid ideas. Nevertheless, a likeable pair), Percy, Bill and Charley. The last three were already out of school. Ginny used to have a crush (still kind of does) on the famous Harry Potter, but it seems her friend has a little crush on her brother.

            "Well, duh, Hermione," Ginny replied. "It's probably just because you like him."

            "Uh! Not at all!" Hermione snapped.

            "Oh, yes, that's right," Ginny corrected. "You love him!"

            "Uh!" Hermione protested. "That's disgusting!"

            Ginny sighed. "Listen Hermione. Because you're my friend, I'm telling you that it's all right if you feel this way about Ron. Besides, loads of people think you guys should go out. Hell, some people think you already are."

            "But that's revolting!" Hermione shouted.

            They both collapsed at a comfortable red arm chair in the Gryffindor common room. Then they both heard a noiseand turned around in their chairs by the warm fire to see two shadowy figures coming towards them.

            "Well, well, well," Ginny sighed. "Look who it is."

In came Harry Potter with his lightning bolt scar, round glasses, and black hair (which needed to be combed). Along beside him was his pal, Ron; with his shaggy red hair and his cute, crooked smile.

            Harry chose to go sit by Ginny while Ron decided to sit by Hermione. Plopping down next to her, Ron gave her a look.

            "What?" she asked him.

            "Your outfit looks great today. And ooh, did you do something with your hair?"

            Being the smartest witch in their year, she knew all to well that Ron was up to something. "Okay," she asked. "What is it this time?"

            Ron dropped his 'pretend' smile and answered, "Herbology."

            "Oh, Ronald. When will you ever learn?" Hermione sniggered.

            "Never," he replied truthfully. They both shared a laugh.

After helping Ron with his homework, he stood up, stretched, groaned, and let out a tired sigh. "Thanks, Hermione," and he did something he's never done before. He kissed her on the cheek, and then walked to the stairs that lead up to the boys' dormitory. He stretched again, only this time ending it with a yawn.

            "I'm turnin' in," he said and turned to go up the stairs-but before he disappeared for the night, he said something. He said, "Oh, and Hermione, I meant what I said about your outfit." He then retreated upstairs after giving her a quick smile. She began to blush.

            "That was a bit...strange," Harry sputtered.

            Ginny raised her eyebrows. She started to brag, "Told you."

            Hermione playfully shook her head in embarrassment. "He was just thanking me. Nothing serious," she insisted. All though she did think of it odd for Ron, the one she's always fighting with, to kiss her. Even if it was on the cheek.

            That night Hermione couldn't sleep. Instead, she spent the night thinking about Ron. Questions were racing through her mind. Was he just being nice? Ordoes he like me? Was Ginny right? Do I like him? Then she remembered that she was invited to go to the Weasley's house for the minor holiday break. She told them earlier she would go. She couldn't change her mind now, they're leaving tomorrow! What if something happens? She thought to herself. After that, she just questioned herself to sleep.