Chapter 28: Acacia

"Come on," Severus said as he yanked the bedsheets away from Laura. "A day out will do wonders for you."

Laura grumbled, throwing a pillow over her face. "I don't want to go anywhere, Severus. Besides, it's still early in the morning!" Even though Laura's muffled voice filled the air, it sounded empty, vacant, worn down by the events of a few nights previous.

The death of the nameless, faceless man.

Severus sighed and climbed on top of her, pulling the pillow away, throwing it across the room.

Laura responded with a glare before grabbing another pillow, putting it over her face. Severus repeated his movements, throwing the pillow. "You're going to run out of pillows, darling," he said with a smirk.

Laura looked at him, an annoyed glare blazing in her eyes. "Please, leave me alone," she said quietly. Laura attempted to turn on her side, but Severus grabbed her, pinning her to the bed in the position she laid. "Get out of bed and you'll feel better," he said with assurance. "You need a new wand, anyway."

"What if I don't want to get out of bed yet?" Laura asked.

"Yet?" Severus responded.

Laura wriggled a hand free, letting it travel to his belt, causing Severus to raise his eyebrow. "That's what's keeping you from getting up?" Severus asked curiously. He stared at her, wondering if she was trying to distract him from worrying about her.

But Severus couldn't deny the fact that it was working.

"Well, I mean, if you don't want this," she said quietly, pulling her hand away.

"No, I do," he said quickly.

Laura slid out from under him, getting out of bed. "No, I get it. You don't want to have sex. It's totally fine. We can just—" Laura didn't have time to finish as Severus grabbed her wrist, yanking her back into bed.

"Quiet," Severus demanded. "See, you are putting me in a difficult situation." Severus looked at her with amusement. "I wanted to get you out of this bed, but I guess we can spend a little more time in it."

Severus dipped his head down, kissing Laura on the lips before letting them glide along her skin to her neck.

Severus smirked when he began sucking lightly on Laura's skin, earning a whimper from her. He knew it was her weak spot, a spot able to drive her mad.

And mad he would drive her.

Severus continued moving his lips on her skin, hearing wavering breaths slipping from Laura. He breathed in her scent, that scent of blueberries, drowning in it.

Drowning in blueberries and magic.

Magic.

Severus never thought a person could be pure magic, pure joy, but Laura was both of those things to him.

The magic of happiness had infected him, intoxicated him. All the grey in the world had faded, being replaced by warm, bright colors.

Severus pulled his lips away before sliding his hand beneath Laura's shirt, slowly traveling upwards. He looked in Laura's eyes. "I love you, Laura," he whispered.

Laura looked at him, smiling warmly, eyes lighting up.

Oh, that smile.

"I love you too, Severus," she said softly.

Severus kept his eyes locked on Laura's as his hand continued sliding up her shirt, meeting her breast. He toyed with her, lightly massaging and teasing her before his hand traveled in the opposite direction. Severus slowly dragged his nails down her abdomen before reaching her panties.