Chapter 9: A Night to Remember

Author's Note: I guess I should warn everyone that this is where the adult content begins. It won't be in every chapter, but it is planned for several of them. I've never written something like this but I hope you all enjoy. :)

Severus and Laura got cozy on the couch, Severus leaning back and Laura's head in his lap as she laid down. Severus had his hand on Laura's abdomen before Laura took it in hers and gently ran her index finger over his palm. Severus and Laura stayed in a comfortable silence as they watched the fire in the fireplace dance and sway quietly. Severus felt his eyes beginning to close as the fire lulled him into a tranquil state.

"Hey, Severus?"

"Yes, my love?" Severus opened his eyes slightly, realizing he had never said that to Laura. He wondered if she would think it was odd. "Was that weird?" he asked.

Laura shook her head. "I thought it was sweet."

"What did you want to ask?"

"Would you like to...go into the bedroom?" she asked nervously.

Severus looked down at Laura. "Are you feeling tired?" Severus asked. Laura shook her head and bit her lip. She stared at Severus, waiting for him to realize what she was actually asking him.

Severus soon realized what Laura was asking and grew wide awake. "Are you sure? It's all right if you still aren't ready." Severus looked down at Laura. "Is this because I told you I love you? Because I wasn't saying it to sleep with you; I said it because I meant it." Severus didn't realize until that moment how nervous he was to be with Laura. He was terrified he would hurt her or cause horrible memories to tear their way to the surface of Laura's mind. Severus felt there was a lot of pressure on their first time together to be perfect because of what Laura had been through.

Severus watched an amused look grow on Laura's face. "I know you didn't say it because you want to sleep with me."

"You do?" Severus asked.

Laura nodded. "I don't think you could have said half the things you said if you didn't love me. I mean," Laura looked down at her feet, "you even brought up my mismatched socks. I'm not sure anyone else would say something like that if they were just trying to get in my pants."

Severus smiled as his eyes traveled down Laura's legs and to her feet, noticing one foot was covered by a striped black and purple sock, while the other sock was black and had orange circles on it.

Laura gently touched Severus's face. "You're even smiling about it now."

Laura sat up straight and Severus did the same. He watched her as she looked at him. "I can't let the past rule my life. I love you and I want to be with you in that way, if you still want it," Laura said.

"Of course I want it," Severus said quietly.

Laura stood and looked at him. She pushed him slightly back on the couch, getting in his lap, straddling him. "What are you doing?" Severus looked her up and down, putting his hands on her waist.

Laura smiled and kissed him softly. "You seem nervous," she said. "Are you?"

Severus hesitantly nodded. "I don't want to hurt you." Severus gently ran his hands along Laura's back. "I want it to be perfect for you. And I want to show you how wonderful it can be."

"Then show me," Laura whispered. Severus stared into Laura's eyes; he could tell she was nervous, but he could tell she wanted this. She had that same look in her eye that she did in his dreams.

Severus ran his hand gently against Laura's face. "I know I've already asked you, but you are really sure you're ready for this?"

Laura didn't say anything as she brushed her fingers against Severus's face. Severus stared at her as Laura moved her hands to her shirt, slowly pulling it off, revealing a black tank top beneath it.