Day Twenty-Eight;

"Babe, are you packed?"  Wes came strolling into the bedroom as I zipped my suit case.  I turned around to face him, and I nodded.  "Yeah, I'm ready."  I muttered.  I grabbed Wes's sweatshirt from the bed, and pulled it over my head.  "I guess I'll ride with you on the first half of the trip, and then Carter will ride with you."  He stated.

I just nodded, and carried my suit case out of the room.  I walked outside, and put the suit case in the backseat of Amy's car.  "You okay?"  Wes's voice came up behind me, making me jump a mile.

I put my hand to my chest, trying to catch a breath.  "Yeah, I'm fine." I sighed.  "Just tired."  It was five in the morning, and I felt like I was going to fall over.  Wes threw an arm around my shoulders as we started walking back inside the house, "We'll get you some coffee." he whispered, and kissed the side of my head.  I laughed, and leaned against him. 

                I just didn't want to go back to California yet.  I wanted to stay here, with Wes.  At least for another day, since I ruined his first day here.  And I wanted to make it up to him, but sadly, reality waits back in Huntington.  But I hope our time here was special to him.  It was to me.  And I hoped it was actually worth remembering for him as well.  I think it was.  He's been extra sweet to me, extra gentle, and just extra loving as cheesy as it sounds. 

We've been on the road for about four hours, and I swear I have not stopped laughing since the minute we got into the car.  Wes was belting out Justin Bieber songs at the top of his lungs, and I had stitches in my side from laughing so hard.  I'm going to kill Amy and her Justin obsession.  "STEP TO THE BEAT OF MY HEART, I DON'T NEED A WHOLE LOT, BUT FOR YOU I ADMIT I, I'D RATHER GIVE YOU THE WORLD OR WE CAN SHARE MINE..."  He was singing off key on purpose, which only made me laugh that much harder.  Wes was driving, while I was curled in a ball laughing.

                I felt him nudge me with his hand when the song was over, and I looked up from my hands to see him smiling at me.  Not just a smile, but it was one of those really goofy ones.  I started laughing again, and it made him start laughing.  "You're a goof." I wrinkled my nose playfully.  He stuck his tongue out at me, and grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers.  "You love me anyway."  He glanced at me, and kept his eyes on the road.

                After another two hours, we stopped at a diner for lunch.  I trailed behind Wes, while the others were behind us.  We were seated in a booth, Carter and Drew across, while I was between Wes and Keaton.  I think Keaton was half asleep, but he was hyper at the same time.  I don't know how that works exactly.  But it's Keaton, and Keaton is Keaton.  Drew seemed to be pretty awake, Carter seemed...like Carter.  Wes was tired also.  But after we ordered our food, everyone started to wake up.  I had two cups of coffee already, and it's finally kicking in.  "When do I get to drive?" Keaton piped.

I reached over, ruffling his hair.  "Half way there, I'll let you drive."

Carter nearly choked.  "He's not bad, Carter." I giggled.

Keaton stuck his tongue out at her, and she returned it.  "I'm a better drive than Carter." Keaton whispered in my ear, and started laughing.

Carter scoffed.  "I can hear you."

                "That was the point." Keaton whispered loudly in her direction.

                "That's enough you two." Drew laughed, and leaned over the table.

The food came, and we all ate while he talked more about the trip.  I asked about their first day there, but Wes didn't have too much to say about that night.  He was pretty quiet until we got off the subject.