Day Four;

"I was wondering if I would see your face around here again." I said while leaning beside Carter's locker.

Her head snapped in my direction, and she squealed before wrapping her arms tight around me. "I missed you!"

I had to laugh and I hugged her back. "It's only been a week. But I've missed you more."

She stepped back, and closed her locker door. "It feels longer."

I nodded in agreement. "So, how was the trip?"

We started walking towards our first class. "It was...okay. You know, family is family. My 'Rents fought so much, and Jonathan was being a brat the whole time."

"He's only three, Carter."

She shrugged. "Well, yeah. But still. And did you hear about my Aunt Katharine's divorce? Anyways, I guess no one told the ol' ex husband he wasn't invited. Let's just say there were a lot of broken plates. And food in everyone's hair." She looked away, clearly embarrassed by her family's actions. "Enough about me! What happened while I was gone?"

By this time, we reached the first class. "I'll fill you in at lunch."

She groaned as we walked into the class room, and took our usual seats. I'm not sure how she'll take the whole thing with Wes yet.

It was time to go to lunch, and I went ahead and got my food and sat at the usual table. I wasn't sure where Carter was, she was usually here before me. I sat for awhile, and waited, but still no Carter. "Hey, Anna." I knew that voice anywhere.

I turned to my right and noticed Keaton was sitting next to me. "Keaton. Long time, no see."

"My brother does keep you captive a lot now." He laughed.

That would be true. "Yeah, it's against my will." I lied.

He just stared at me. "You're a bad liar, Anna." Keaton smirked and stuck a French fry in his mouth.

I wrinkled my nose, about to deny his statement. "Okay, well, maybe I'm enjoying it a little. He's not that bad..." I trailed off.

Keaton's eyes widened in surprise. "I guess all those years of despising my brother are coming to an end."

I shrugged a shoulder and took a bite out of my sandwich. "I don't know, maybe." I tried to act cool, but he could see right through me.

I looked at him again, and he was just smiling. "Please don't say anything. He can't know."

He cocked an eyebrow. "Because of the bet?"

I looked at him curiously. "You know about that?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I read about it in his journal." Keaton just realized what he said and all the blood fell from his face.

A giggle escaped my lips before I could stop it. "Wes keeps a journal?'

"Oh my god, he's going to kill me. Don't say anything."

"I'm not. But why does Wes keep a journal? That's just not...Wes..."

There was a small pause. "He likes to use life experiences in songs. Or something like that. I guess it helps get the inspiration flowing."

Something else I didn't know. "Wes writes songs?" I question.

Keaton smacked his forehead with the palm of his hand.

"Oh, no, no, no. You're into deep now. Spill." I demanded. I totally forgot about Carter meeting me. I wondered where she was for a moment, but she's probably in the bathroom making sure she looks decent enough to walk the school halls.