Day Twenty-Four;

Before I opened my eyes, I reached over to the spot next to me, to feel that Wes's warmth wasn't at the touch of my finger tips.  I opened my eyes, blinking the blurriness away before turning to my side and seeing the empty spot where he had been.  He wouldn't leave without saying bye, would he?  I don't know, that does seem like something he would do if he just slept with a girl, and didn't want to make that awkward morning contact. 

                I sighed, and threw the blanket off of my body.  I walked into the bathroom and put my hair into a messy bun.  I brushed my teeth, and splashed my face with cool water to get me to wake up a little.  I think we didn't go to bed until almost two last night, and according to the clock, it was almost ten in the morning.  I shook myself, and walked out of my room.  The guest bedroom door was closed, so I assumed Carter and Drew were still sleeping.  That would be like Wes to sneak out.  He said he had plans, so I let that be.

                All of a sudden, the sweet smell of French toast rose in the air.  A smile crept on my face as I turned the corner of the kitchen.  Wes was standing at the stove cooking, in only a pair of sweat pants.  Thank god that kid doesn't have chest hair, I thought.  I snuck up behind him, and snaked my arms around his waist.  "Good morning, Sunshine." I could hear the smile in his voice.  I left a kiss on his bare back, and unraveled my arms from around him.  I stood against the counter beside him, "I thought you left me this morning."

He glanced at me, "I wouldn't leave without saying bye at least."

I smiled.  "I was hoping.  So what do you have to help your mom with?"

He was hesitant.  "Uh, I was going to go see Grandma Jane with her.  She's getting worse."

I didn't have a good feeling about Grandma Jane.  It was horrible, because she's a huge link in two families.  I leaned against his arm, and rubbed his back.  "I'm sorry." I muttered, and kissed his arm.

He walked away from me to grab some plates, and sat them on table once he filled them.

                He joined me after getting me a glass of orange juice.  "I'm hoping she'll at least know who I am when I see her."

I tried to be reassuring with a smile.  "No one can forget you."

He seemed a little distant today.  Like he just wasn't here at all.  I reached over, placing my hand over his.  "It'll be okay, Wes."  He still hasn't looked up from his plate.  "I hope so." he muttered.

I didn't like seeing him this way.  I just wanted to do everything in my power to make sure she's okay, and she lives to be a hundred years old.  But sadly it doesn't work that way.

                After we ate, I cleaned up the dishes, and put them away.  I spun around, only to be pinned against the counter by a smirking Wes.  "When do you have to leave?" I whispered.

He shrugged.  "Whenever I want."  His lips were inching closer to mine, until they crashed together with anticipation of being felt.  He gripped my hips, and boosted me up onto the counter.  I wrapped my legs around his waist, and clasped my hands on the back of his neck.  His hands found my thighs, and he gripped them to pull me closer.  If that was even possible. 

                After a few moments, I pulled back to catch a breath.  "What did I tell you about making out in the kitchen?" I teased and kissed his smiling lips.  I kissed him several times, some longer than others, and pulled away completely.  "I still have to pack for this trip you won't tell me about."  I poked his chest.

He shook his head.  "And I'm still not telling you.  You'll love it.  And we'll definitely have a lot of alone time.  If you're picking up what I'm putting down..." he trailed off.