Day Seventeen;

I woke up the next morning to my phone buzzing with a new phone call.  It was most likely my mom to confirm my babysitting job for the night.  I answered it without looking, "Yes, mom, I'm still babysitting for Aunt Carrie."

I heard a laugh on the other end.  I laugh I knew too well.  "Oh, Wes, I'm sorry.  I obviously thought you were my mother."  I sat up in bed, and leaned against the mountain of pillows located behind me.

                "You're babysitting tonight?" He asked.   His tone contained a hint of sadness.

I didn't really want to babysit, but I don't say no to family.  "My Aunt's boss is having a Christmas party, and she's taking my parent's.  It's only going to be Toby, and he's good by himself."

Wes groaned, and I laughed.  "You know, you could still come over."

                "Of course I'll still come over.  Kids like me anyway."

I snorted.  "No they don't, Wes.  If anything, you scare them."

I heard him scoff on the other end.  "I will have you know, that I used to babysit all the time."

                "Yeah, and how many times did you make the kids cry?"

He paused.  "Okay, well, that's not the point."

I laughed again.  "Its fine, you can keep me company."

I knew he was smiling when he replied.  "I'll be over in a few.  Drew's coming over and says he needs to talk to someone.  And usually Drew's talks last a good two hours."

This was true.  But Drew's fun to listen to.  "Okay, I'll see you soon."

We exchanged byes before hanging up.

                I got out of bed, and got out a pair of clothes for the day.  Campus pants and a nice sweater.  I walked into the bathroom to grab a quick shower.  That's why I love hanging out with Wes.  I don't have to dress up to impress him.  He prefers when I wear sweats and his t-shirt.  Wes really is kind of perfect in his own way. 

                I got out of the shower, and dried my body and hair.  I wrapped the towel around my bare body, and exited the bathroom and into my room.  I got dressed quickly, and walked back into the bathroom to brush my hair, and brush my teeth.  I put my hair into a side braid, and left the bathroom to venture downstairs.  I found my mom in the kitchen, cooking breakfast like she does on her days off.  My dad must be off getting his suit for the night. "Hungry?" She asked as she handed me a plate of pancakes.  "Starving." I replied and sat down at the table.  I didn't think my mom would be home this morning.  Oops.

                She soon joined me, sitting beside me with her own plate.  "Do you have plans today?" She asked, taking a bite of her food.  "I think Wes is coming over to help me babysit later."

                "Don't you mean Keaton?"

I looked up from my plate, and just stared at her.  "No, mom.  I mean Wes."

I don't think she knows that I've been with him a lot lately.  "Oh, okay.  You've actually been hanging out with Wes?" Everyone seems so shocked.

I just nodded, and took a bite of my pancakes.

                "Well, be safe-"

                "Mom, not again." I laughed.

She shook her head.  "No, I mean keep an eye on the kid and don't hurt yourself.  I think I need to choose my words more wisely."

I agreed.  "It's not like that." I lied.