Day Eighteen;

"It took everything in me to leave you at 4 o'clock in the morning," I could almost hear the smile in his voice like he was actually talking to me.  "Your parents came home giggling, from being drunk off their asses.  But, I leave you with Starbucks and a muffin.  Sorry if the coffee is cold, I wasn't sure what time you woke up.  I can't wait to see you tonight.

                - x's and o's always, Wes"

I couldn't help but smile.  I found the letter taped to the pillow Wes was lying on before he vacated the premises because of my drunken parents.  My parents are actually great drunks.  They never fail to make you laugh, or embarrass you.  If you're lucky, they'll only make you laugh without embarrassing you...

                I dreaded going to school today.  But at least I would get to see Wes afterwards.  And just because I'm looking forward to something, school is going to go by slow just to cause me pain.  Another pro, is that Christmas Vacation starts on Friday.  I was excited to finally get into the Christmas spirit. 

                After getting ready, I grabbed my coffee and muffin and went downstairs.  My parents are already gone to work, and Amy sat at the kitchen table.  "I saw Wes sneaking out of here at like, four in the morning."

I rolled my eyes and sat down in the chair across from her.  "He brought me coffee, and breakfast." I gestured towards my cup, and the muffin sitting beside it.

                "He used to sneak in my room-"

I held up my hand to stop her.  "I don't care.  And what were you doing up at four in the morning?"

She paused, and then opened her mouth to speak, but hesitated.  "I, uh, heard mom and dad come home.  Made sure they got to bed okay."

I gestured towards the side of her neck that was visible.  "Yeah, that explains that huge hickey on the side of your neck." I smirked. 

Her face turned white.

                "Who was it?" I asked, taking a bite of my muffin.

She sighed and picked at her breakfast.  "No one you know."

She usually brags about her guys, because I could never get one.  Now she's acting really weird.  "You're acting weird." I muttered.

Her head shot up, and I noticed the color returned to her cheeks.  "What?  No.  I-I'm not acting weird.  You're acting weird." She stood up and put her dishes in the sink before rushing out of the kitchen, and up the stairs.

                I was confused.  She never made sense when she gets defensive.  Like I need another person hiding something from me.  I got a text from Carter, and she was about three minutes away.  I ran upstairs to grab my bag and my phone, and rushed downstairs in time to hear Carter beeping the horn.  I walked outside, and down the driveway until I came to the passenger door.  I got inside, and closed the door with a sigh.  "Tired?" she questioned and backed out of the driveway.

That definitely wasn't it.  "No, not really.  Toby went to sleep right after you guys left.  Amy's actually acting weird."

She glanced at me, giving me a curious look.  "How?"

                "You know how she usually brags about the guys she sneaks into her room at night?"

Carter nodded, and I continued.  "She didn't do that this morning.  She was really quiet when I asked her about it."

Carter's gasp was over dramatic and sarcastic.  "You think it could have been Wes?" her words were just as sarcastic.

I just stared at her.  "That's not funny."