Day Twenty-Three (Part 1);

"You didn't invite her, did you?" I asked, while removing my dress from my closet.  I laid it out on my bed, and my shoes down at the bottom. 

She quickly shook her head, and sat down in my desk chair.  "Of course not.  That would be stupid."

                "Good, then I can have a peaceful, no drama night." I smiled, and sighed with relief.

Carter agreed.  "Did Wesley spend the night last night?" she wiggled her eyebrows.

I shook my head, trying not to blush.  "He went home around eleven last night."

                "So you guys are good then?"

I nodded.  "Yeah, we're okay.  I told him I loved him at the beach yesterday."  Now I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, and I couldn't push away the smile.

Carter had the biggest grin on her face.  "I'm so happy!  Like, who knew you and Wesley Stromberg would hit it off so well?"

                "I still haven't figured it out, I just stopped questioning it.  He's pretty amazing."

She nodded.  "Of course he is.  He's Wesley.  I mean, I never really cared much for him because he was kind of an ass, but you guys are adorable and made for each other.  If that ho bag tries to get between you two, I'll hurt her myself."

Carter and her protective ways.  "I'm sure Wes will be happy to pay you to do it."

She giggled.  "Well she needs to back off.  Wes is happy with you, and you're happy with Wes.  Let's not mess with the balance."

I took my dress out of the bag, and laid it out.  I brushed my hands over it, and examined it.  "Perfect." I muttered before walking into the bathroom to change.

                I absolutely loved the dress.  It was a one shoulder strap, and had pretty jewels located at the top of the strap, only covering a small segment.  It was just your basic party dress.  I liked simple, and I hoped Wes did, too.  Black stilettos will be completing my outfit, and a couple of rings to match.  I stepped out of the bathroom, and did a twirl for Carter to see.  "It's perfect!" she grinned.

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, and realized I had no idea what to do with it.  "Do you mind?" I gestured towards my hair, and Carter nodded.

                We walked into the bathroom to gather some things, and she brought me back and sat me down in my desk chair.  I didn't question what she was doing, because I trust her.  She's good at these kinds of things.  The only thing I know how to do is straighten it, and that's boring.  "Where is the Christmas party this year?"

                "My parent's rented this big ass house in L.A.  They wanted to go all out this year."

They always went all out. Each year was better than the last.  I can't imagine what's in store for this year.  "It'll be fun, I promise." she assured.

I smiled.  "You sound like Wes."

                "The boy knows what he's talking about.  Don't worry so much.  It's going to be the most perfect night."  She rubbed my shoulders, and stood me up.  "You're done." she clapped, and brought me to the mirror.  "It's amazing!" I smiled.  It was a simple fish tail braid down my back, but I liked it.  Simple is the best, like I said.  "Are you ready?" she asked.

I nodded, and we ventured downstairs.  Carter got ready before I did, and she looked stunning as always.  She was probably one of the most gorgeous people I've ever met, and she's actually my best friend.  "The guys should be here soon."  She started getting jumpy, and giddy.