Day Nineteen;

"We're going Christmas tree shopping tonight.  You're welcome to come with us."  I threw myself on Wes's bed and turned to face him.  Carter just dropped me off since we will be getting out of school early this week.  Wes sat in his desk chair, picking at the strings of an acoustic guitar while humming to himself.  I enjoyed watching him.  It's a really attractive quality, not even going to lie about it.

He looked up, but continued playing.  He nodded, "Sure, I'll come.  If I'm not in the way or anything."

I smiled at him.  "No, you wouldn't be.  We usually go to dinner first, and then go find a tree.  It's really fun."

He pushed a smile that didn't seem genuine.  He's sad, or thinking about something.  He was like this last night after our little make out session.  Almost all the clothes were off, and something else probably would have happened if my mom didn't call wondering where I was.  I'm glad nothing of that nature happened.  I would live to regret it.  I wondered if it was something I did.  I wonder if it's because this is the longest he's dated a girl without getting into her pants.

                I sighed, and stood from the bed.  I walked over to Wes, and took the Guitar from his hands and sat it down on the bed.  I leaned over the chair, blocking him in.  "Okay, Mr. Grumpy.  You need to snap out of it.  We're going to have fun tonight.  I promise." I smiled with my lips closed.

He finally gave me a smile that was real.  "I know.  I'm just...stressed."

I looked at him curiously.  "Stressed about what?"

He let out a nervous laugh before replying, "Christmas season has that effect."

He was right, but this was going on before.  "Well, we'll leave in a few hours.  And in that time, I want you to be happy."

The Wes I know was finally starting to show when he smirked. "I'm very happy."

                "Good."  I leaned into him and gave him a quick kiss.

I pulled away from him, and walked back to his bed.  I sat down at the edge, and Wes joined me.  "So, what color dress are you wearing to Carter's Christmas party?"

I looked at him with a grin.  "Black.  May I ask why, Wesley?"

                "Duh!  So we can match."

I released a giggled I was trying to hold.  "Are you asking me out on a real date?"

                "I wanted to ask you before someone else does." he looked at me and smiled.

                "I wouldn't go with anyone else."

                "Good." he pecked my cheek and stood up.  This is turning out to be the best Christmas.

We arrived at my house a few minutes before six.  We usually leave around 6:15 or 6:30.  All I have to do is change and fix my hair.  Wes grabbed my hand as we walked to the door, and I smiled to myself.  He wants it known that we're together, and I like that.  I opened the door, and walked inside.  I heard my parents in the living room, so I decided I would let them know Wes would be joining us.  "Hey guys," I smiled and Wes appeared behind me.

They faced us from their spot on the couch.  "Oh, hi, Honey.  And hello, Wes."

                "I hope you don't mind.  I invited Wes to go with us tonight."

He still had my fingers intertwined with his.  "Of course.  Amy's not going tonight anyway.  She had to go out of town for a few days to take care of something."