Day Thirteen;

Wes became more frantic once Keaton left the room.  He was mumbling something and going through his drawers to find clothes.  His breathing was rapid, like he just finished running a mile.  I jumped out of bed quickly and rushed towards him.  I gripped his face, forcing him to look at me. "Wes, hey.  It's going to be okay, she's going to be fine."
He took a deep breath and exhaled before he nodded.  Before I let him go, I left a kiss on his cheek.  "I'll meet you at the hospital.  It's going to be okay."  I brushed my fingers across his cheek before leaving the room.
                I rushed out the front door and across to the beach where my mom’s car sat.  I wanted to go home first to give Wes time with his family.  When I got home, I walked inside to find Amy sneaking a guy out.  Nice.  I pushed past them and ran up the stairs to change my clothes.  I grabbed a clean pair of shorts and a shirt before putting Wes's sweatshirt back on.  I brushed my teeth, and ran a brush through my bed head before putting it into a messy bun.

                As I was running back downstairs, Amy stops me by grabbing my arm at the bottom of the stairs.  "Where are you off to in a rush?" She folded her arms across her chest.

I jerked my arm form her grip.  "I need to meet Wes at the hospital."

She actually looked concerned as she asked, "Was he in an accident?"

I shook my head quickly.  "No, no, no.  Grandma Jane was rushed to the hospital this morning."

                "Oh, well...I hope she's okay."

I nodded and rushed out the front door.  I got into the car and pulled out and started driving in the direction of the hospital.

When I got there, I texted Wes asking what floor and room number.  Once he replied, I rushed towards the elevator and up to the third floor.  I had to turn down a few halls, and eventually I found Wes standing beside her room all hunched over.  I walked at a fast pace until I reached him, and he stood up straight to face me.  "How is she?" I asked, completely out of breath from rushing.

He shrugged a shoulder.  "She actually good.  She wasn't able to swallow anything, and she kept getting choked.  She was complaining about chest pains, and saying she couldn't breathe.  They thought maybe she had a stroke.  But the doctor is saying its anxiety.  My mom is in there now, and she seems to be doing fine.  She'll be going back in a few hours after her tests come back."

I let out a relieved sigh and wrapped my arms around Wes's neck.  "I'm just glad she's okay.  I know you would be torn up if something happened to her."

He hugged me back, squeezing me gently.  "She's going to be okay."

                "Don't worry." I whispered against his neck.

We stood there for a moment, until his mom walked out with Keaton trailing behind her. 

                Laraine had been crying.  She gave Wes a pat on the shoulder and proceeded to the family waiting room.  "I'll come get you in a second."  Wes said before walking into his grandma's room and closing the door.  I turned back around to find a smirking Keaton.  "I'm guessing you're friends again?"

I felt my face turn to fire.  "Yes, friends, Keaton.  Just friends."

The smirk hasn't left his face.  "So, you slept over last night?"

My eyes widened.  "It's not like that at all.  It was just late and-"

                "Wes offered to take you home, and you made the excuse you were supposed to stay at Carter's just so you could stay at the house...with Wes."