Chapter 29

Ever since I found out I was pregnant a month ago things have been interesting

Ever since I found out I was pregnant a month ago things have been interesting. Lorenzo has been trying his best to fix things but it's gonna take some time.

"Do you think it's ever gonna get back to the way it was?" Chase asked me.

"Eventually but for me I just need time. We're good but I just don't trust him, not after what he did."

"When are you gonna tell me the full story behind what happened?"

"It's just complicated." I reasoned. "Did you ever hear anything else from Yas or Kaia?" I tried to change the subject.

"Yas still doesn't want to see anyone, and I don't blame her. She's really going through it."

"I've been trying to reach out but nothing." I can't even imagine what they're all going through right now.

"WAIT! What happened with Malcom?" Chase yelled out of nowhere.

What the fuck?

"The hell?" I gave him a weird look.

"I've been meaning to ask but I keep forgetting."

"We had hung out a few times after that night at the club, but we both agreed that there would be nothing but a friendship. He's really sweet but there just wasn't anything there for us, plus Lorenzo was always on the back of my mind. It didn't feel right."

"Even if it would've worked out, the fact that your pregnant right now would complicate things so it's for the best."

"You're right." I agreed.

"I still can't believe you got seeded up." He laughs.

"Shit me either but here we are." I laughed with him.

A few hours later Chase leaves and I walk him out the door. I stand on the porch and watch him walk to his car. I started to get this eerie feeling that I'm being watched. For the past week I've been having the same feeling. My eyes scanned around but I saw nothing.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I know better than to just brush it off. I enter my apartment and shut the door.

I really need to invest in some cameras.

An hour later I heard my doorbell. I checked the time and saw it was 6 in the afternoon so it was most likely Lorenzo. I walked over and checked the window and saw him standing with a bag and his other hand in his pocket.

I opened the door to greet him.

"Hey,"

"Hey, I brought you some food. Your favorite." He handed me the bag.

I opened the door wider for him to enter.

"Thank you," I took the bag.

"Do you need anything else? I can run out and grab some stuff if you'd like."