Chapter 11

Waking up in Lorenzo's arm's felt like a dream

Waking up in Lorenzo's arm's felt like a dream. I sat up and took in his appearance fully. He had tiny almost non existent freckles across his nose. His hair was longer and almost covered his eyes. His beard was neatly trimmed as always.

"Having fun mi amore?"

"Yes, you're very handsome." He kissed my hand before he sat up.

"Are you okay?" His eyebrows were furrowed. I knew eventually I had to talk about what happened yesterday.

It seems he has a lot to explain too. I didn't say anything but on our date last night I saw a bullet hole in his living room wall. I didn't think anything of it until he showed up pointing a gun at me last night. I was taught to sense danger whenever it was around but I never sensed danger with Lorenzo. In fact, I always felt safe whenever he was around.

"I'm fine, why?" I played dumb.

"Samai."

"Okay fine, but I really am okay. That wasn't my first rodeo and something tells me it isn't yours either. I hope you know I want answers as well."

"That's fine. I'll share."

"Okay but after I freshen up."

I pulled his face to mine and placed a kiss on his lips. I jumped off the bed and walked into the guest bedroom that I was supposed to initially sleep in. I walked into the connected bathroom and did my morning routine.

After I finished, I sat on the bed for a bit thinking about what I was going to say but the more I sat here was the more I wanted to hear his side. After I got changed I went to his room but he wasn't there. I walked downstairs and found him in the kitchen.

He walked up to me with with two plates of breakfast foods. He kissed my forehead and lead me over to the kitchen island.

"Eat." He placed the plate in front of me.

"Thanks for breakfast." He nodded.

We ate in silence until it was time to talk.

"So as you know, I'm an orphan. I did have someone but I didn't want to get into much detail. Anyway, I pretty much grew up in the orphanage until I turned 18. When I was 15, there was a man who came in the orphanage everyday with his wife to donate things. I became really close with them. They said I reminded them of their late daughter. They visited every time they could and even mentioned adopting me. Shortly after I turned 16, they had stopped visiting. I had no idea what happened at the time and I didn't see them for an entire year." Lorenzo got off his stool and sat on the one that was closest to me.

"On my 17th birthday David had came to visit. I was angry at him and his wife for abandoning me. He apologized and let me know that the last time him and Mary had visited, she had passed the same night. I felt like an asshole, he lost his wife and I was complaining about not seeing them. After that we became closer than before, he became a father figure to me and when I turned 18, I went to live with him. I remember him being very secretive and on edge most times. He would disappear for long periods of time and tell me to make sure the lights in the house were off and doors were bolted shut." I remember how confused I was that David was behaving that way.