Chapter 13

"First thing's first

"First thing's first. You know what day is coming up and you know our family would want you to be with us." Ale started.

"I'll be fine, I always am."

"Ren you've never even been to he-"

"I said I'm fucking fine." I grit my teeth.

"Alright." He raised his hands in surrender. "Second thing, what the fuck was yesterday about? Why were my men cleaning up two dead bodies out of your girlfriend's house?"

"She killed them."

"What do you mean she killed them?"

"It was self defense, they tried to rob her. I was on the phone with her when it happened. She told them to leave and one of the men ordered the other one to kill her but she beat them to it."

"Where did she get the gun?"

"It's hers."

"Lorenzo."

"She's a bounty. Well ex bounty."

"What the fuck?" He stood up. "Are you sure we can trust this chick, she could be hunting us or you."

"Calm down she doesn't hunt anymore, she's been my employee for almost three years now. That part of her life is done, but she keeps the weapons to protect herself as she should."

"I still think you should be careful. You know in this line of work you can't trust anyone."

"It's a good thing I'm not in this line of work anymore."

"You can say that all you want brother but even when you're out. You're never really out. You'll always be tied to us one way or another."

He was right, you can never truly leave the mafia. There's always foes lurking in the shadows. There's always unfinished business and there's always a scorned enemy seeking revenge

"You said you had to update me about the mission. What's going on with that?"

"It's nothing major. Everything is still on track and we're expected to be ready in about three months." He dismissed.

I had a feeling that's not what he was going to say but he held back.

"Are you sure that's what you wanted to say?"

"Yea." He nodded. "Look I still have some things to handle so I gotta get going but we'll keep in touch yea?" I nodded. He walked over to the door and left.

Something's definitely up and he clearly doesn't want to tell me.

"Hey, where's Ale?" I hear Samai's soothing voice from behind me.

"He actually just left."

"Oh, I guess I'll properly meet him another time." She walks up and wrapped her arms around me from behind.