Chapter 7

"It's never anything different with you two

"It's never anything different with you two. I'm not fucking going." I shut Dario down before he could even get the chance to explain.

"Ren, you can't ice us out forever. Ale just wants to catch up with you, he hasn't seen you in two years."

"We all know what Alessandro wants Dario and don't fucking forget you were the ones who pushed me away." Dario had a look of guilt before he quickly masked it.

"We fucked up, I was young and just trying to follow orders. I can't speak for Ale but I know he's regretful. He told me that every time. Just go see him please."

"Fuck sake, fine." I grit my teeth.

Knowing Ale, he just wants me to join them again. That'll never happen, I just want a normal life. I use to dedicate my whole life to the Mafia, it was all I've ever known but after Allison, I couldn't bring myself to be apart of it anymore.

I texted Alessandro to let him know I'll meet him. He texted back almost immediately to let me know he wanted to meet now.

"Looks like it's almost time for my date, I gotta get going." Fucker said that just to annoy me.

"Don't test me Dario. You better keep her safe and protect her with your life or I'll kill you myself." I warned him.

Samai had canceled their original plan to go to the club and since she wanted to keep her word she asked him to lunch. I trust Dario to be around her since he knows how I feel about her. Although he's a horny little prick, he wouldn't cross that line.

"Relax, I'll protect your future wife with my life. Scouts honor." He teased. His hand was across his chest.

"Get the fuck out."

He laughed all the way to the door then he left. A minute later I hear the door knock. Liam usually just barges in and Dario has keys. I opened the security app on my phone and saw it was Alessandro. I walked over and opened the door.

"Ale." I sidestepped so he could walk in.

"Lorenzo." He walked in and went towards the living room. "Nice place you got here."

"Cut the shit, what do you want Ale?" I was on the defensive with him. He always stood by our father and I had no idea if that had changed.

"Wow little brother, this is the cold welcome I get after not seeing you for 2 years?"

"And who's fault was that?" He got tense.

"Look I know I haven't been the best brother to you since what happened but I'm trying to make up for it. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. It was selfish of us to try and get you to come back but I was doing it for a reason. We've been following a lead for the past year and a half, it has to do with the fuckers who murdered Allison."

"What do you mean." I took a step forward.

"They've been covering their tracks real good but one of our guards had spotted Angelo and Vincent at the bar. I didn't want to say anything to you until we were close enough to get them. I know how you get when it comes to anything Allison related and I don't want you spiraling again." He ran his hand through his hair. He looked stressed:. "Anyway, I know you want out and you know that's impossible."