Chapter 12

I guess there's no going back from what I just told Lorenzo

I guess there's no going back from what I just told Lorenzo. I've never told anyone about that part of my life, not even Chase. Even though it is legal to be a bounty, after David went rogue we didn't exactly do things the legal way and I didn't tell Chase because of that fact. He's my best friend but I couldn't take any chances. I tried to forget that part of my life because it isn't something I can go slip into a conversation, I would quickly end up in jail. I would never forget Mary and David of course but I just wanted to start a normal life, with a normal job and normal friends.

When you know what you know about this world , you'd be stupid to leave yourself without protection and I knew David would be rolling in his grave if I left myself unprotected. Losing everything David left to me was my biggest regret. I'm still paying for my mistakes but I made peace with the fact that I can't do anything to change the past, I can only do what's best for me going forward.

I'm upstairs changing into better attire for my gym session with Lorenzo. I was honestly talking tuff the whole time, in fact I actually doubt I can take him down. I was just hoping to see him shirtless, but since we got this far, I gotta see it through.

After getting dressed, I went down stairs to meet Lorenzo in the gym. I was actually really impressed, I thought it would be small but it's a pretty decent size. I looked around for him but I was was pretty disappointed when I saw him wearing a shirt. He was over in the corner wrapping his hands with his back turned to me. I walked over and hugged him from behind. He turned around and leaned down to kiss me but before our lips touched he took a step back.

"Samai that's not fair." He folded his arms.

"What?"

"You expect me to focus with you wearing that?"

I was wearing spandex Nike shorts with the matching sports bra and black sneakers. My hair was at the top of my head in a bun.

"You'll be fine." I smirked.

"Since you wanna play unfair." He pulled his shirt off and threw it to the side. He stood there in just sweats and I wanted to tell him fuck the gym session and let's go to the bedroom.

"I was hoping for that anyway."

"If you wanted to see me shirtless you could've just asked mi amore."

"May I?" I reached out to touch him.

"Go ahead." He unfolded his arms to give me access.

Once my hands came in contact with his muscles I gasped. This man's abs were rock hard. I moved my hand over to his biceps and was equally impressed.